Cannot get adminconfig.yaml to work

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • Trying to set myself up as an admin on my server. The server already had the admin config file setup under under Empyrion-Saves, so i input my steam id into that and on logging in it tells me i don't have admin rights. Can anyone see what i am missing here? I know my steam id is right, took it off my own profile page and verified my user id against players who logged into my server. There is another account with the same name that the lookup tool pulls up, but of course a different steam id #. Figure it's just some spacing issue that i'm missing.

---

# Admin Configuration

# This file can contain two lists: one with elevated players with special permissions

# and one with banned players.

# 'Id' is a SteamID64 in both lists, lookup possible at home - STEAMID I/O

# 'Permission' is 3 for 'GameMaster', 6 for 'Moderator' and 9 for 'Admin' - other values are not allowed.

# 'Until' is the time when the ban ends.

Elevated:

- Id: 76561198058732998

Permission: 9

The second to last line there starts with Space-SpaceID:Space76561198058732998

and the final line is SpaceSpaceSpacePermission:Space9

Is it the spacing in there that's wrong?

• Issue fixed, turns out there is a second install file for the experimental branch, complete with its own adminconfig example file. The one i had edited was for the stable branch of the game.