Drop on dead not the same xml.file vs ingame.

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hi , since short am running a small 7 days to die server . The problem i have is that when you set the drop on dead = back pack only in the general gameplay settings ,well then ingame it actually drops the toolbelt . So i tried to change with the corresponding xml.file but it says alrdy <property name="DropOnDeath" value="2"/> wich means backpack . Then i tried to fiddle with other drop on dead settings and this is what i get

server = drop on death ingame =

everything-------- nothing

toolbelt ---------- everything

backpack---------- toolbelt

nothing----------- delete all

delete all---------- delete all

Now how do i get it to set so that it actually drops the backpack ingame ?

Any other 7 days to die server owners having this issue?

Any help or info is welcome . ty

Server is for windows pc .

• check this line in your serverconfig.xml

<property name="DropOnDeath" value="0" /> <!-- 0 = nothing, 1 = everything, 2 = toolbelt only, 3 = backpack only, 4 = delete all -->

• Same thing happening on my server, I quadruple checked the serverconfig.xml file and DroponDeath is set to 2 - tried other numbers too and have the same problem as OP.

Combine that with the inability to start/shutdown/restart my server this past 24 hours ... I'm about to cancel my plan here.