Xbox Atlas Server Config Won't Save

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • Hey guys,

I'm running an Xbox Atlas stack, home server + 1 expansion. Eventually more expansions will be added but starting small while I tweak everything.

So per the instructions on the Nitrado wiki and various other comments in previous posts, I've downloaded the json via the Download Server Config button, made my various edits, saved then hit the Upload Server Config button, restarted and then when I go into the game none of the edits are there. Before you ask I am using Notepad++ so the file is being saved as a json and not a config.json.txt file.

I've redownloaded the config and it's the original json, not the edited version. I've stopped the servers, added the file, restarted, changes don't stick. I've uploaded the config while the servers were running, hit restart, nada. I've wiped and rebuilt the stack, rinse repeat, nada.

Kinda scratching my head at this point and since there isn't an expert mode for Atlas to add scripts to I'm at a loss for making the edits. Would appreciate any help so I can resolve this and add more expansions.

Thanks in advance!

Server Admin

Gunpowder & Grog - Boosted Xbox Atlas Cluster

Looking for a Cluster Partner? Hit me up.

• My problem i had was there were mistakes in the json from what i was trying to edit.

Do a simple google search for online json editor, load your json file into that online editor and it should tell you immediately if there are any mistakes. Something as small as a comma or quotes in the wrong place or even an extra space where there shouldn't be will mess up the entire json file.. And when you go to upload that to your server in the config your Atlas part it will not accept it and will go to default if there are any errors..

Literally took me 4hrs to figure this out to where i fixed my errors and it finally accepted it.

• Also forgot to mention if you happen to be on an official map and not just a custom 2 grid map you will have to find out what your grids are in the json and add your edits to each individual grid or only the home server will have your edits.

For example my grid i had originally on the official map was E7, E8, D7 and D8. So E7 was listed as grid x, 4 grid y, 7.... Or something to that effect... Seeing as E should be 5 since its the 5th letter in the alphabet it is not.. The grids start at 0 not 1...

Anyway from there once i found my grids in the json file i had to go under OverrideShooterGame.ini on each grid and put any edits in.. Hope this helps

• Wow bad code was the issue. Geezus. Well fixing the code problems worked and everything is now working like it should. I should've know but I'm no json expert by means.

Thanks Tinman. You're a life saver.

Issue resolved.

Server Admin

Gunpowder & Grog - Boosted Xbox Atlas Cluster

Looking for a Cluster Partner? Hit me up.

• DOAGEN

Closed the thread.