What's the difference between the two options in the Web Interface under Tools? Server Backups & Data Backups.
If I wanted to roll back the server or create save points in the game how would I do so?
Im not 100% sure let me reach out and get you a definite correct answers. Its 9pm here so I might have to wait until the am to get an answer. Ill let you know as soon as I do
Ok got clarification
Internal is the same as the "Start with backup option" on the General page and is just the map itself (creatures, structures, items not on a character). The server backup is all files, including tribe, map, character, and paintings, settings, etc.
Okay so last night I performed a server back up to a save point from 2 days ago.
1) I stopped the server & waited a few minutes
2) I selected the server back up date I wanted.
3) Let the server start, restart, stop and load the server backup date selected.
4) once the server started everything appeared fine... However once moving my character around and looting for 10 minutes I had to log off for a bit. Once I rejoined the server it started me back at the Same Server Backup location and with none of the loot I had just looted. My friends and other server users were experiencing the same issue...
5) Why would this happen and is there a fix?
I ended up restoring the server to another backup point that was 24 hours after the original once I selected and everything worked fine?.... Just curious as to why it wasn't initially working? Also can us server owners/admins create our own Server Backup restore points?
For consoles I do not believe we can create our own backups . For that issue of it not working I haven't came across that yet best thing would be let support know as I don't have any access to your servers
so when I did a server restore my character did not come back. Anyone know why?