Switch Maps and Keeping Map Data

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hello All,

We are rotating our maps and wanted to know how we go about keeping the save files?

We are attempting to move to a different map, but want to know if and how we maintain the tribe structures and tames left on the map.

We plan to be away from this certain map for months and didn't know if the backups are all that are required. If they are do they expire every thirty days or can we save a specific one that doesn't get deleted.

• You can rotate your maps, and backups will run as normal. However its a single file. So in time the file will be erased. The automation has no idea it was a different map or not. Its a first in, first out. We are unable to provide an exact time frame. I have seen some overwrite in a month, some in a couple of months. PC Servers are a bit different since we have access to their files and structure. We can do manual backups.

If you would like additional detail you may want to submit a ticket or call Nitrado Support. If would be helpful when you get the answer, you wouldnt mind sharing it with the Community Support Forum so many players like yourself see.

Thank you.

• You can rotate your maps, and backups will run as normal. However its a single file. So in time the file will be erased. The automation has no idea it was a different map or not. Its a first in, first out. We are unable to provide an exact time frame. I have seen some overwrite in a month, some in a couple of months. PC Servers are a bit different since we have access to their files and structure. We can do manual backups.

If you would like additional detail you may want to submit a ticket or call Nitrado Support. If would be helpful when you get the answer, you wouldnt mind sharing it with the Community Support Forum so many players like yourself see.

Thank you.

So just to be 100% clear, for Xbox servers, there's no way to save a backup (either by downloading a file locally, or maybe a "mark as keep" feature), then switch to a map, then switch back to the old map and restore the saved backup?

• I'm here to find out the answer to this too - I have a PS4 server and want to move our small tribe to Valguero but still keep all the structures and tames we have on the island.

Hopefully this is doable, without hiring another server and clustering them.

• DOAGEN

Closed the thread.