Server wont show up in list, logs say 10 restarts in row attempted

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I just got my server this morning.

I went into the admin panel to update host + password, day + night modifiers, and messages.xml.

I went to start my server and then I don't see it showing up in the community server list.

I went into the logs and can see the following:

```

Fri Aug 23 02:30:04 PDT 2019 dayzxb Restarted XXXXXXXXX more than 10 times in a row. There seems to be something very wrong. Stopping it...

Fri Aug 23 05:53:01 PDT 2019 dayzxb Server restart requested (Daily Restart)

2019-08-23 13:50:38 Server restart requested (Webinterface)

Fri Aug 23 06:51:55 PDT 2019 dayzxb Server restart via Restart-file or Webinterface requested

Fri Aug 23 07:14:49 PDT 2019 dayzxb Restarted XXXXXXXXX more than 10 times in a row. There seems to be something very wrong. Stopping it...

2019-08-23 14:26:34 Server restart requested (Webinterface)

Fri Aug 23 07:27:20 PDT 2019 dayzxb Server restart via Restart-file or Webinterface requested

2019-08-23 14:40:06 Server stop requested (Webinterface)

2019-08-23 14:48:13 Server restart requested (Webinterface)

Fri Aug 23 07:49:35 PDT 2019 dayzxb Server restart via Restart-file or Webinterface requested

Fri Aug 23 08:12:20 PDT 2019 dayzxb Restarted XXXXXXXXX more than 10 times in a row. There seems to be something very wrong. Stopping it...

2019-08-23 15:13:05 Server stop requested (Webinterface)
    ```

where XXXXXXXXX is my server id.

Has anyone ran into this situation?

I've tried reverting all my updates and stopping then restarting the server but I can never see it in the list.

The only thing I haven't tried is to reinstall, but that seems silly after a fresh server.

Thanks

• sometimes the restarts and crashes can be related to a server name that's too long. Bring it under 64 characters if possible and also removed and special characters from the server name and or password. See if this helps at all

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately that did not resolve it :/

Do you know how long re-installs typically take?

• If the server is still rebooting once a reinstall takes place, I would give it 30m. Typically its like 10-15, but I have seen them take longer.

Note: if you do a reinstall it may delete your previous backups. Instead of doing a reinstall, I would do a recovery backup first. That has worked for some.

Being this is a new server, you probably dont have a backup yet. So my point is mute for you, but not for others reading. :)

• I did a reinstall (which took only a few minutes) and picked a different server name + password to something simpler then it worked!

I think it may have been because I had the server password as part of the server name, maybe?

It's working now, thanks again!