Which card for my son to play Planet Coaster?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hi, thanks in advance for any help from the experts out there! I'm in the UK and not at all a gamer hence my PC has been built for office work and surfing the net. It's a few years old, a self build with an i3 quad core 3.6Ghz processor, 8GB of RAM, SSD drive. No graphics card beyond the in-built Intel HD440.

My 7 year old son has a Switch but has recently been asking and asking for Planet Coaster, which seems to be PC only. I downloaded it for him from Steam, despite me telling him that it would probably crawl on the computer as it isn't built for gaming. It's not too bad to be honest, I'm guessing about 10fps (and I guess that has all of the options turned to minimum) but he loves it and spends hours building coasters.

My question - what graphics card could I get for my system that wouldn't break the bank but would give him a noticeable increase in performance? I don't need cutting edge. The game is 3 years old so I assume a 3 year old graphics card would be suitable? I have literally no idea with graphics cards!

• Take a look at the system requirements on steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/493340/planet_coaster/

I'd go with an AMD RX570 (8GB). As it is an office pc with a slower CPU, it should work well without spending too much.

It's not too expensive and i'd also say the minimum for gaming.

This exact model should not be too expensive:

Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 570 8G G5, 8GB GDDR5, 2x HDMI, 2x DP, lite retail (11266-66-20G)

Of Course you can go lower. Tell us the budget and we can give another tip.

BUT: Make sure your case is big enough, your power supply is big enough and your motherboard as a free slot for the graphics card.

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.