Minecraft (Vanilla) Continues to report server overloaded since yesterday

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • [09:05:56] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 4123ms or 82 ticks behind

[09:06:13] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 2282ms or 45 ticks behind

[09:07:05] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 7362ms or 147 ticks behind

[09:07:24] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 2882ms or 57 ticks behind

[09:08:25] [Server thread/WARN]: Can't keep up! Is the server overloaded? Running 47072ms or 941 ticks behind

What can be done to resolve this?

• Hello

has anything changed on your server over time?

New buildings claim the power? Redstone built?

Was there an update?

I would imagine that someone who is on the server suddenly needs more power. Maybe you could ask for a hardware change at the support.

Another possibility of recovery is to use another software, e.g. Spigot, Sponge ...

The new Minecraft versions draw a lot of power. Unfortunately, the server providers can do little. Therefore, it is advisable to resort to software to perform the optimizations and to hope that Mojang's performance changes.

With friendly greetings

xMarcel_x

• I'm running a vanilla server for my friends, there's been at most 3 of us on at a time - even my old laptop can cope with that. What's the deal? There's no complex redstone (2 note blocks and a repeater) and player built structures are in no way complex or large.

Also I've never heard of Spigot or Sponge, what are they and what advantage would they have over a vanilla installation?

• The problem is Minecraft itself. The new versions draw a lot of power. Nitrado already uses hardware that offers a lot of power, but of course it does not offer a core to users who do not rent a lot of slots. Thus, a core is used by several.

If a user does not adjust the performance for his server, Nitrado offers to put the server on another server. Thus, the problem should usually be solved. But it is only to be hoped that Minecraft will be optimized and therefore not as power-consuming.

Here is a list of different software.

https://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/…kkit-bukkit-vanilla-forg/

(Please think of CraftBukkit away. CraftBukkit is no longer recommended for use.)

Sponge is not listed there but can be found here:

Sponge - Minecraft: Java Edition Modding API

So far I have only used spigot and paper.

It should be possible to switch to Spigot without any problems. Simply download the world and replace the world with yours there later after spigot installation.

In the web interface, a reinstallation can be performed.

PLEASE CREATE BACKUPS!

• This morning I switched to spigot and I've been testing throughout the day and the problem still persists.

Even with only one person on, not generating any new chunks, I'm still getting the server overloaded warning with a delay of 10,000ms or 207 ticks.

What the hell?

• Hello wickerman123,

that's not normal. Does the problem also occur when the server is completely reinstalled? (Without your world being inserted)

If the problem also occurs when the server is completely fresh, please contact the support. Then there is a problem with the server. Maybe the server on which your server is overwhelmed by another server.

With friendly greetings

xMarcel_x

• I am a new customer and have only just installed this server, it's been happening since the start.