Server keeps stopping and restarting

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hi!

For the past few days my Factorio (Experimental) server has been inaccesible. After investigating my dashboard, it seemed the server was stopped. I restarted it, but it never actually started, it was hanging on 'restarting...' . I forced a restart, which did not change things. I left it stopped and left it alone for a day, thinking there was a problem with the service at the time.

Today the server dashboard tells me the server has started. But whenever I try to log in and access it in Factorio, I get a network error and the dashboard tells me that the server has stopped.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this? I have just under a hundred days prepaid for the server and I would like to continue using it as I have done for the past two months.

• hi Ben,

Apperently somthing happend with the download of the update to 0.17.64.

i'm also trying to fix this.. i'll reply if i got news...

So just uploaded via FTP the files of teh Heeadless server for factorio 0.17.64 and it now starts..

hope it helps you

• To me, just uploading the files from the "MS Windows (64 bit zip package)" headless server didn't really work.

I have uploaded everything in "/data" & "/bin", but still couldn't get the server to run.

What did work in the end was to also restore a backup from "08.08.2019 10:02:34 42.33 MiB" (in my case). Now the game is running fine using version 0.17.64

I hope this issue will be fixed by the Nitrado team anytime soon, since other providers seem to work just fine.