.XML and .JSON Files not reflecting changes

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I've recently just purchased a Dayz server and have watched several tutorials on how to do some server editing for increased loot, drops, unlimited stamina and such. After editing the files like such, and after several resets and attempts to test them out, nothing is working as it should. I've ran all the .XML files through a validator with no errors (other then the ones that are expected). Looking for some help or an explanation if possible.

    Thanks!


    If somebody wanted to take a look at my files too I would be okay with that. I just genuinely don't know what is wrong.

  • I've recently just purchased a Dayz server and have watched several tutorials on how to do some server editing for increased loot, drops, unlimited stamina and such. After editing the files like such, and after several resets and attempts to test them out, nothing is working as it should. I've ran all the .XML files through a validator with no errors (other then the ones that are expected). Looking for some help or an explanation if possible.

    Thanks!


    If somebody wanted to take a look at my files too I would be okay with that. I just genuinely don't know what is wrong.

    i would save copies of your xml's as txt so you can upload attachments. that may help. i'm having similar issue with only military zombies not dropping loot, spawning with loot. it's scrambling my brain.

  • sorry, so some validators like xmlvalidator will throw errors for comments, which makes it hard to q/a. so i use codebeautify.org for a better output -- at least for the 1.18...

    for example, there were comments that looked like this:

    Code
    1. <!-- ------------------------------------- ARMY ZOMBIES ----------------------------------- -->

    and the validator errors out for it. hope that was clear...

    or i just removed the superfluous dashes.