Server continuously crashing ~5 minutes after my client connects

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Last night I transferred my character from my genesis 2 server to my lost island server and lost my entire inventory. While accessing a remote inventory (preserving bin) I noticed the item selection flashing very fast when hovering over remote items. Shortly after the server will crash.

This issue has been happening for the last 14 hours on my server. It seems to be running fine when I'm not in the server, but after I join, the above will occur. Friends of mine are also able to use the server uninterrupted. Somehow specifically my client connecting is causing the server to crash.

Has anyone seen this before? I've tried rolling back the server to a point before this issue occurred. I've restarted the server many times. I've restarted my client, and my PC. Nothing I've done has solved this issue.

• I've tried reinstalling the game, updating my graphics drivers, clearing everything from the 'Saved' folder, using the absolute lowest graphic settings. Nothing works.

The issue is occurring on all of my nitrado servers, even with new characters. This issue does not occur on official servers. I also forgot that about an hour before transferring I got an odd crash while playing a Gen2 mission. I was able to rejoin Gen2 and continue playing and only observed this issue upon transferring to Lost Island.

The problem seems to exist somewhere between my steam account/local PC, and my nitrado servers.

• Feel free to contact Nitrado Support if you feel it is your server to further investigate.

You can also try a validation of ARK files w/steam. Also could be your ARK Profile. Could be corrupted.

• Just tested on another steam account. I'm able to play on all of my nitrado servers. Does anyone know if there are some local files (outside of 'Saved') that are specific to particular steam users? Any clue what could be causing one Steam account to crash my servers??

Feel free to contact Nitrado Support if you feel it is your server to further investigate.

You can also try a validation of ARK files w/steam. Also could be your ARK Profile. Could be corrupted.

Thanks for the response. I did submit a ticket, although it's difficult to tell if this is an issue on Nitrados end, or Wildcard. Do you know where the steam profiles are stored? I've removed everything from the 'Saved' folder under the Ark installation and it didn't fix the problem.