Looking for some help with PC Mods

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hello there!

So I was recommended the service after some friends dabbled with an Ark server, and gave it a shot for a Desktop Space Engineer server.

I'm looking to get some mods installed from the Workshop, and I have absolutely no idea how to make them work! I've seen other Forum posts, the Wikipedia page, and some Reddit for solutions and I'm unfortunately unable to make it work, any input here would be appreciated!

If I take as an example the Mod - Steam Workshop::Skybox - New #02 (steamcommunity.com) (ID: 2805195334) I've tried the following:

1. Adding the ID to the 'Mods ID' field in the settings.

2. Uploading the local mod folder to both usmi200.gamedata.io/spaceeng/Content/Mods/ and to usmi200.gamedata.io/spaceeng_profile/Mods through FileZilla

3. Editing the Sandbox_config.sbc file, adding the following line -

<mods><ModItem><PublishedFileId>2805195334</PublishedFileId><Name>2805195334.sbm</Name></ModItem><mods>

4. Editing the Sandbox_config.sbc file, adding the following line that followed local file syntax -

<ModItem FriendlyName="Skybox - New #02">

<Name>2805195334.sbm</Name>

<PublishedFileId>2805195334</PublishedFileId>

<PublishedServiceName>Steam</PublishedServiceName>

</ModItem>

From testing around for the last 15 hours, between restart loops, at least in this case #1 does nothing at all (tried with multiple single mods), I'm unsure about #2 because I've only tried it in combination with #1, and #4. #3 does nothing and #4 results in a reboot loop.

Any help regarding what I'm missing here would be appreciated! I tried sending a ticket but was sent to the Wikipedia page with solution #3. Thanks in advance,

• I am in the same boat. I cannot get any mods to work on my Nitrado server, and so far, as you haver seen with your question, nobody has given an answer. I am still trying to add mods. I have added them via the Nitrado control panel and via file editing with ftp. But it still doesn't work. I even asked here if mods will only work on a new world or can I add them to an exisitng world, but nobody even bothered to answer that. So don't hold your breath whilst you await an answer I'm afraid. :(

• Hello,

If it is not working as described in the wiki, feel free to contact Nitrado Support for further assistance.

This is a Community Support Forum for gamers and admins to assist and help each other.

Thank you.

• Hello,

If it is not working as described in the wiki, feel free to contact Nitrado Support for further assistance.

This is a Community Support Forum for gamers and admins to assist and help each other.

Thank you.

That only make sense when support is actually contactable. Support Web UI is always failing.

Support chat has gone completely (since whatever disaster hit last weekend) and we are being asked to phone the US - no doubt to be kept on hold for ages which will cost a fortune most likely. The last time I tried to contact support via a ticket it took for too long.

Really - it will be cheaper to just accept we wont get the service we are paying for and the service most definitely is not as described as even a vanilla default reinstall will not start.

Nitrado years ago were pretty good. These days I have to say you are seem to be utterly useless. Did all the competent technical staff leave?