Question About Server Ini

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hello, I use mods in my server and I do the engine settings instead of expert, and I tried to change in at the bottom of engine for my mods, it didn't work. Do I have to go in expert to apply modded ini? Can I go back/Do I lose settings if I just stay on expert after that?

• Hello,

This is a duplicate topic that has been answered in great detail here in the forums. A search window appears in top right.

A quick summary: No, you would need to choose between using Expert Settings or the WebUI. Personally I have never used Expert. With the WebUI, Engine Settings and FTP I can make all my changes. The server should be offline when making changes. Also make sure you click save, then restart.

Here is a thread:

PC Server owners not wanting to use Expert Settings

• So I read the thread. If it doesn't work for some reason, will it mess up my server? do I have to paste ALL of it or can I just paste the mod ini sections

• Anytime the code is wrong it may and will cause oddities. But once you correct it, and reload it the server game will uto adjust. Just make a copy of the entire game to your PC before making any changes. That way you have a safe place to rollback at.

If you have mod ini code to add, use FTP way. That is typically gus.ini changes. The game engine is only for game.ini, NOT gus.ini.