Prim+ Are their any additional steps to lower harvest lag other than to lower the harvest multiplier

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I got my harvest down to 10x but when people harvest still it gets pretty bad unless I'm overlooking something else. If I were to adjust something like the resource health multiplier would that help at all? or does anyone know other things I can do to help without changing harvest to 1x lol. Thanks.

• From what I have seen and heard, 10x harvest on a console is still pretty high for it to tolerate. You can change many other settings to help with the server resources.

Thanks for replying, I lowered harvest to 8x, I'll see if that helps. Can I ask u a few more questions? I was looking through my settings and had this checkbox un-check labeled Optimise ram usage is that something that will help with the lag? Then I noticed Dino harvesting damage multiplier was set to 3, does the faster collecting rate cause lag? Thanks for your help.

• The Optimize is a new setting that even I recently discovered, and yes I use it.

On the Website interface it shows a special icon that uses more resources than normal like a highlight. Adjusting those may help.

Could even be server related. I still would create a ticket and have them look into the server 'in case'.

• I am unsure if this will work, as I do not play on console. If you have access to the full Game.ini file in Expert Mode, it should theoretically work. I would do a backup/game save before trying it just in case.

That being said, there is a solid method of reducing harvesting lag on PC servers that has worked well on the 3 I manage.

First, set the normal HarvestAmountMultiplier to 1.

For EACH harvestable resource, input a separate HarvestResourceItemAmountClassMultipliers= line into the Game.ini. An example follows:

Code
    1. HarvestResourceItemAmountClassMultipliers=(ClassName="PrimalItemResource_Thatch_C",Multiplier=10.0)

If you go on YouTube and search for "MistrFister Harvesting Lag", you should find a video that goes into more detail with the full code for all base items. If there are Prim+ items that don't exist on regular ARK, you would have to find the item class name and make lines for those as well.

On my Valguero server, i had a Doed that was causing a lag spike with every tail swing. Doing this eliminated it. A friend manages another server with a 50x harvesting rate and they use the same code.