Ark Server loses save every time it updates - HELP

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I have an Ark server for Xbox. Every single time there's a server update, it seems to lose our save and I have to roll the server back, usually losing several hours. They seem to happen automatically around 930p Central Time. I get a notification on my phone that my server is about to be updated, but we get no indication in-game whatsoever, until stuff starts glitching.

1. Is there a way to force reschedule the server updates, or delay them to happen at a time when we're not actually playing? Force them to wait until everyone logs off?

2. Is there a way to do this so that it doesn't lose progress every freaking time? We have a great night playing, and then if we play late, we notice that we can't open storage and stuff, or if we're not playing, we wake up and log on and have nothing - no beds to spawn at, etc. I have to do a Map Save Rollback to get everything back, which usually costs us several hours of play time.

It's really getting ridiculous, especially when there are frequent server updates.

• Hello,

sorry for the frustration.

Here is a thread that goes in detail how updates work: When will my ARK server update when ARK has an update? [ALL platforms]

If you would like to get more information please feel free to contact Nitrado Support to further comment. Feel free to share the link provided and ask for feedback on your inquiry. They are happy to help. Maybe something is not correct on your server. When an update occurs, I do get a notification the server will be rebooted. You can also delay it in the webUI. If it is a major or important update though, it is still pushed.

This is a Community Support Forum for gamers/admins for each other.

Thank you.