How to increase RAM on a 7D server?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I'm currently playing a 4 slot 7D game, with only two people ever connecting, and it's barely playable, but with super major lag spikes almost constantly, and combat is a chore.

Our pings are good, and the fps is about 60.

I see that the increased memory purchase options are for 'Minecraft only.' It says that : "All other games, besides the above mentioned, include all resources (no limit)." There's obviously a limit, as it's just barely running and topping out below 4 GB of RAM.

My question is: If I purchase more slots, say upgrade from 4 to 10, slots will this thus automatically give me a larger allocation of RAM to the game by default? (You would need more ram to support more players, obviously)

Because the server is running extremely poorly, and there's no way it could support 4 players. It can barely support two.

When I look at the dashboard it's peaking and maxing out on RAM.

Thanks in advance!

• hello :)

In order to get more Ram you have to increase the number of slots, the servers adapt automatically.

The only games that have the option to add more RAM without having to increase the number of slots are Minecraft, Battlefie and Farming Simulator.

• hello :)

In order to get more Ram you have to increase the number of slots, the servers adapt automatically.

The only games that have the option to add more RAM without having to increase the number of slots are Minecraft, Battlefie and Farming Simulator.

So for clarification, If I have 5 people connected to a 7d2d server, but I rent a 12 slot server, would we utilize all the RAM, or would the RAM only increase as more players connect?

• When a 12 slot is rented, ram is set for the 12 slot. If that server was upgraded say to 20 slot, the amount of RAM available would increase.

If you wish to ask more detailed questions on the server hardware and its allocations other than what was already provided please contact Nitrado Support.
    Thank you. :)