Server Stuck in an infinite restart.

• My server is stuck in an infinite restart and every time i try to boot it up it restarts . All I can do is force shut down and I was wondering if anyone else has experience this problem and if they have a solution .

• I am having the same issue. And I have a ticket in for support and have heard nothing from them in 2 days. I have tried several solutions that i heard of and no fix yet. I even restored to a backup on Saturday the server started but then there was a mod update and I restarted and its doing it all over again.

• I am having the same issue. And I have a ticket in for support and have heard nothing from them in 2 days. I have tried several solutions that i heard of and no fix yet. I even restored to a backup on Saturday the server started but then there was a mod update and I restarted and its doing it all over again.

Are you playing on a pc/steam version as there are no mods for console. Have you tried a fresh install then apply the backup? The infinite restart can sometimes happen when changes are made and it just gets hung up. also the tickets are answered in the order they're received. It will get answered just have to be patient

• Just annoying when I have 30 people wanting to play and we can't cause the server can't make up its mind on whether it is up or down. We are on PC. But if we do a fresh install don't we lose the backups and saves? We are looking into downloading the save to bring back but its alot to try and figure out when I don't exactly have the experience of doing this before.

Thing was there were no changes when this started. We were just having ping issues and thought maybe a restart would help with the problem. No mods were updated at that time. Its only after that I used a backup did the mod show having an update, update went up on the mod last night I believe, way after the start of this issue.

• So an update for those who would like to know. I have done a fresh reinstall, with no mods, and the server is still stuck at restarting. This isn't using any of the changes we have done and with the center as the map.

• Great. I see this is not an isolated issue. Just got my own server last night; has been in restart since. I was checking to see how long it might take to respond to the ticket I put in, other guy has had 2 days and no response. That's not acceptable.

It is a rental service sure, but money has been exchanged and service is now expected. And since it is money for time rented, I'm getting wasted time here. Been 12hrs and no service that has already been payed for.

• It is why this is a Community Support Forum.

When folks post here, everyone in the Community can help and suggest issues.

When a server is stuck, and if you leave it on the browser eventually a forceshutdown button appears. Some times just clicking on that and restarting works.

So try a fresh install, and do a backup recovery. Just note when folks do that the backup is the the most recent available on the WebInterface. If you have a PC/FTP, you can get a much more recent back.

When that all else fails it could be server hardware related hence why the Moderators here suggest creating at ticket. I have been with Nitrado for 2+ yrs, and a customer for 3. Personally my tickets have taken up to 24hrs to pick up. And from the weekends issues from the release of Val for consoles, the ticket queue was very large. Tickets are picked up in the order in which they are received.

You can also call them during their open phone hours.

If it was me, and my server was offline for many hours, and the end result was a server, not game/config error issue I would ask for some sort of credit.

• I had this happen on Friday when the new map released, i couldnt get it to start up for almost a full day. I finally got it going but then had crashing issues on Sunday. I've found the fastest and easiest way to resolve it is to call the support number. you can submit a ticket too like others have mentioned, but they can typically tell if something is up with the server as soon as they pull up your account. I've had this happen to a couple of different servers over several times over the last 8 months or so, but the average time i spend on the phone getting it resolved is about 5-10 minutes including hold times. They answer, i let them know my user id, the ip of the affected server and what i've tried, and they move it to different hardware and 20 minutes later the issue is gone. obviously that wont be the resolution for every single case, but the support team is always super helpful whenever i call (or submit tickets, but most things can be handled quickly over a phone call).

tldr: submit a ticket or call the support line. they are good guys that know what they are doing and are super helpful. my average time spent on the phone to resolve issues is around 5 minutes including hold times.

Not knowing something Yesterday just creates opportunity for growth Today. Strive to learn and do better, and be better for it.

• Hello my server is also having issues where it's stuck in the restart loop, i put in a ticket and I looked at my event log and it says support has restarted my server but it stayed in a constant restart loop. Iv'e tried shutdown, reloading a backup save file and nothing seems to work. At this point money is being wasted because me and my friends are unable to play :(

• Atleast you all were able to play on your server. I just bought my server today, just over an hour ago, and immediately after purchasing on the xbox and logging into the app. It told me my server was shutting down. Then it gave me the Force Start or Force shut down. I clicked Force start, didnt work. Clicked Force Shut Down and it shutdown the server. Clicked Start and its been stuck on restart since.

• An update for those who would like to know. So after waiting 4 days for a response with the server still not working. We decided to switch server providers. It wasn't til a day or 2 later that we got the its all fixed message, which I wouldn't have known as we switched the game on the server til our time is up. So I have no idea if they really fixed anything or if me switching the game was the solution all along. I do know that once the time is up on that server I will not be coming back. Not worth the hassle of it going down for 5 days and getting no response during those days from support. I get being busy but at that point it was ridiculous.

• An update for those who would like to know. So after waiting 4 days for a response with the server still not working. We decided to switch server providers. It wasn't til a day or 2 later that we got the its all fixed message, which I wouldn't have known as we switched the game on the server til our time is up. So I have no idea if they really fixed anything or if me switching the game was the solution all along. I do know that once the time is up on that server I will not be coming back. Not worth the hassle of it going down for 5 days and getting no response during those days from support. I get being busy but at that point it was ridiculous.

Did you try and call the hotline during the business hours or try a server reinstall before switching?