Help Adding Creatures to map

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Alright, so I've attempted this a few times, trying to understand the code, but for some reason it doesn't appear to be working. First question is where code actually ends up.

Assuming the code is adding an Abb Equus to to grassland, which I found At this reddit post, it should be -

I did find This link with spawn entries for maps. From what I can tell, that refers to the NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString

Which, my map being Ragnarok, should that ACTUALLY be DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland_C instead of DinoSpawnEntriesGrassland ?

Also, does the line it's on matter in terms of splitting up the code? I'm assuming because of the ()'s, the ini file can find the start and end based off where those are, making it possible for multiline code instead of all that being on one single line? Things get kind of messy otherwise IMO.

Edit: I did find This link in the tutorials section just now, but it still doesn't fully answer the questions I have.

• I know this won't help but I'm following because I have the same issue with Crystal Isle. It's interesting to me that the code you pulled is "grassland_c" which reads the same as the one for my Crystal isle. I know nothing of code so I'm semi lost.

So ultimately as a newb, am I missing something or are the codes given, "bad". I believe mine should read CI_DinoSpawnEntiriesGrassland_C however that doesn'twork either.

Example

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesRedwoods_C", NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="RedwoodMonkey", EntryWeight=.25, NPCsToSpawnStrings=("Dinopithecus_Character_BP_C"))), NPCSpawnLimits=((NPCClassString="Dinopithecus_Character_BP_C", MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=.20))

should spawn Dinopithecus in the redwoods on Crystal Isle but doesn't. So Ive been asking and looking for myself. I can add Sinomacrops so it's not the "new" map dlc block.

• So, after a ton of research on the topic (I planned on updating this topic as soon as I had everything documented) I've found out that the Redwoods spawn is actually incorrect on most maps.

Ironically, it seems they changed it after the release of Lost Island, it now is Redwoods_LostIsland

As far as I've seen, this is the only one that's been changed, but someone mentioned they thought there was another one. The link in my post is outdated, and you should be using the spawn map via Fandom.com to find the actual spawn locations, as this seems to be updated.