Can't upload my in progress save to the server to use.

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Quick tl;dr: Trying to upload the world friends and I were playing on as Nitrado gen (for RWG) seems to be busted and generates weird landmasses. So, we’re creating the world and then trying to upload it to play on.


    Alpha 20.0.


    Right. So, I’m putting the saves folder into the saves folder on the FTP and the generated worlds folder into the worlds folder. All that seems right as I did that back in Alpha 19.


    Game Name, Seed, Size, etc all seem correct, but the server just doesn’t load. I go to the logs and all it contains is a bunch of shader errors, nothing to indicate what’s going on.


    To summarise: I go into %appdata%, grab ‘Saves’ and ‘GeneratedWorlds’. In FileZilla, I place the ‘Zibezaxe Mountains’ folder into ‘Saves’. I also do the same for the ‘Worlds’ folder.


    Back on Nitrado, I set ‘Game Name’ to SASAR (folder structure is Saves > Zibezaxe Mountains > SASAR). I then set ‘Game World’ to ‘RWG’ (it’s a RWG seed). I set the ‘World Gen Size’ to ‘8192’. Make a new world with these same exact settings in ‘New Game’ in 7DTD results in the same game names and everything, so I assume I have done it correct – I could use the old server information had it all not wiped itself for no reason and then decided to reinstall the server.


    By all logic, the server should read the world and load that. Yet, it doesn’t. I have no idea what the server is doing, whether it’s generating a world or simply doing nothing as there’s no status update or anything that I can see.


    When I try and join, I get disconnected by the server with a message that it’s still initialising, even after 2 hours. I don’t know what to do and I’ve been trying to set this world up for 9 hours now.


    Edit: This now appeared in the logs


    IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\SERVICES\<removed>*_1_SHARE\ftproot\7daystodie\Data\Worlds\Zibezaxe Mountains\dtm_processed.raw

    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x0019e] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0

    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share) [0x00000] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0

    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)

    at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) [0x00000] in <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0

    at IOUtils+<CalcCrcCoroutine>d__4.MoveNext () [0x0002b] in <024b4fbbc13a42b09b9ffdd3fd300f35>:0

    at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <544fca0986d54eca88fc7c56e2a8b4b4>:0


    *I removed it incase it was personal data or something. Bascially, username for FTP.

  • Hi,

    Did you get your server up and running?

    I had the same issues, I ended up copying my whole saved game folder all subs folder under navezgane .

    updated the updated the 2 xml files manually to make sure it had the correct server name and settings I wanted active, admin, xpmultiplier, etc.

    (serveradmin.xml, serverconfig.xml)


    once I uploaded my save , it loaded up I played a while but had lots of issues with the experimental, switched over to the regular server install with the same game, no issues so far.

  • We've had that problem since A20, i.e. a single game not uploading but the last time was weird. It looked like the save game had uploaded w/o a problem but then it turned out that the all the traders and many POIs hadn't fully loaded and would disappear when we got close. The attempts to load a game after that try all failed - from what logs I could see, it looked like the world couldn't be found even though everything was where it was supposed to be, no typos in game/seed names, etc. We gave up and used the game's/server's RWG and got a "meh" map. Bummer. I've asked for help from Nitrado w/ this but was just referred to the Wiki and this forum. I might try putting everything under navezgane etc but it might be easier to find a different provider. No idea if other server providers are having this issue though.