How to run version 41.6 on project zomboid

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Realistically, a team of 2-3 Sys admins / engineers should have been able to tackle this in 48-72 hours.

It's a bit of an over simplification, I would think the methodology would be something like this: Provision new hosts, create a new VM/Server image, test image, update any automation, apply routing and QoS rules etc..., deploy to prod.

I'm assuming Nitrado simply doesn't have the infrastructure (Or capital) to support this kind of build out, and is scrambling to procure more hardware or proc share time (Depending on their backbone), because it's a relatively simple process, all things considered.

The lack of distinct lack of an ETA five days after the update dropped (Knowing it was coming for some time) leads me to believe the crux of the issue is either incompetence or just an outright lack of planning / caring.

• Hello,

thank you for your patience.

If an ETA is available it will be posted on Twitter. That is how Nitrado posts updates. https://twitter.com/nitrado_en

I do not have additional info available to provide.

Sorry

• Likewise. I have an entire community that is waiting for the update to be availiable. I really don't want to switch hosts, but it's been several days now and no official word on the timeframe.

• hello :)

As I said before for the update of Proyect Zomboid we are still working on it and unfortunately at the moment we don't have a timeframe.

we will let you know when it will be available

Hi! How come you don't have a timeframe? Will it come out this week? Next week? Next year? I understand you have other things to do, but it's been a few days now. My friend paid for one of your server only so that we would be able to play the new update together, and then got told that "it is currently under revision to see IF it gets added to our library" so it would be great to know if we are waiting for nothing and if we should look for a different server provider.

• Even though the needed change is minuscule what comes to doing the change on a single server, I understand it takes time to create a solution for the whole platform, which would support several branches for several servers.

However, I started to host Zomboid server on another provider. I still want to commend and praise Nitrado's support for swift assistance and a fast refund. I will probably use Nitrado for other games and servers, because of the ease of use and almost zero-configuration-need, albeit now that ease and no-need-configs are the reason for this setback.

• First off, I've been a nitrado user for quite some years and I haven't had many issues.

Second off, I can see the challenge from trying to host an experimental version of a game (rumour has it other providers have, good for them, is it stable?).

However, if we haven't got a stable 41.60 (honestly, the 41.61 had a bunch of issues, like not being able to save the hosted server progress) come weekend I'm ending the current PZ server I got here and going to check out other providers.

So please Nitrado, how about an update? :)

• hello :)

As I said before for the update of Proyect Zomboid we are still working on it and unfortunately at the moment we don't have a timeframe.

we will let you know when it will be available

What do you mean by you are working on it? This is not rocket science, its something that can be done in Minutes. It is not like it would be the only game in your portfolio with an Beta branch. Very unprofessional ....

• I feel sorry for these poor forum moderators. I wonder if they are unable to tell us anything about this Issue because they have no lines of communication with the people that can actually fix this. Which then makes me wonder if we are all here posting into a vacuum and all of the 'reports' of customers wanting that update is not reaching the people that can make it happen.

Would be nice to know if I am wasting my time or something tangible is going to come out as a direct result of this thread and the many posts within it.

• I feel sorry for these poor forum moderators. I wonder if they are unable to tell us anything about this Issue because they have no lines of communication with the people that can actually fix this. Which then makes me wonder if we are all here posting into a vacuum and all of the 'reports' of customers wanting that update is not reaching the people that can make it happen.

Would be nice to know if I am wasting my time or something tangible is going to come out as a direct result of this thread and the many posts within it.

As far as i know by now is that this board is run mostly by the community and there are not many people from nitrado that look into this board.