We are proud to announce that the ‘Alpha 20' Public Experimental Build will be out today! We would like to thank all of the participating Streamers who streamed over the weekend.
Official Alpha 20 Forum Bug Reporting Thread
Here is how you can access the A20 Experimental build:
- Right click on the game in steam
- Click on properties
- Click the “betas” tab
- The drop down menu will have latest_experimental available <— you want THAT
- Select that and wait for the game to download
Alpha 20 Official Release Notes
Alpha 20 is by far the largest content drop TFP has ever delivered. This is partly due to TFP nearly doubling the team size over the last two years and vastly improving our proprietary tools to improve the game and speed up new content creation.
Alpha 20 takes some big leaps towards Gold with these major improvements:
- A brand-new version of Random Gen World creation with new cities, city tiles and a part system spawner. You will be blown away by it!
- Over 200 new POI’s and updates to many of the older POI’s. Over 550 Explorable locations total
- Navezgane has many city improvements, terrain improvements and new rural and wilderness communities
- Nearly 25 new HD characters with a couple with improved shaders
- 6 New weapons and 13 HD remakes with the addition of new primitive pipe weapons
- Overhauled shape menu with hundreds of new shapes organized and buildable from a simple frame with in-game, creative and level design support
- Block Placement Improvements
- We have added a Robotic Drone Companion to carry your extra gear, heal you and more
- Dynamic Imposter System renders accurate changes to POI’s and player bases at far distances
- Rendering improvements with 100s of new PBR models
- Quest Improvements including new restore power night Quests
- AI Enemy Improvements including city spawning, ducking, obstacle attacks, head tracking and burst attacks.
- Feral Sense Game options for a completely new game experience
- Vehicle Improvements with coop passenger support and mods to improve and customize your Vehicles
- Loot Progression Improvements include a new Loot Stage System, Biome and Tiered POI loot bonuses and early game balance
- Improved dynamic music and ambient audio system with added new content
- Improved weather system with more distinct and varying weather
- Video Options for Anti-Aliasing - Temporal (TAA) and AA Sharpening have been added along with an auto detection system that will set your game settings to better match your hardwares capabilities.
- Animations have been improved from 1st person to 3rd person to provide a more immersive experience
- A new Dismemberment system has been integrated with some of the zombies
- Twitch Integration has been improved with many new commands, voting and more
- Modding support has been improved with better world editing, level editing, RWG and Server.XML settings and tools
Alpha 20 is not compatible with previous Alpha worlds or save game data. New Pregen-Maps have been created and can be used. We also advise that you delete the 7 Days save Game data folder before playing.
TFP is extremely excited for this release. It’s by far the biggest Alpha ever and is jam packed with new content, bug fixes, optimizations, and game balancing. Read on for more information!
Complete Alpha 20 Change log
Here is a great Alpha 20 main Features Breakdown by Guns, Nerds and Steel!