It’s only been a few weeks since we released the biggest update of the year (1.14), but here we are again, this time with the first experimental release of Game Update 1.15. We will cover the parts of the update we’d like the most feedback on while avoiding any talk about the new content, which you can find by exploring the experimental servers or by visiting our official change notes.
One of the update’s major additions is the new server-side gameplay settings. These new files (within the mission folder) aim to make certain gameplay adjustments more accessible without the need for modding the game itself. For now, these include control over the following systems:
- Weather behavior through various parameters in cfgWeather.xml
- Player stamina system in cfgGameplay.json
- Placing and construction restrictions in basebuilding in cfgGameplay.json
- Support for overriding other gameplay parameters, currently stored within the server config (to simplify the approach)
We’re already looking at expanding the customization options even further for future updates. If you already have any feedback or requests, do not hesitate to share your thoughts on our feedback tracker. Documentation for all these new settings will be available around the stable release of 1.15.
This game update also focuses on improving feedback to the player through the addition of onscreen directional hit effects. These accompany the already present red vignette and are positioned in a way that will help you locate the direction from which you are getting hit. Work on these effects also allowed us to start working on the onscreen effects of bleeding. This will greatly improve feedback on the bleeding, which is currently lacking (especially when playing without HUD). While we’re pretty excited to bring this into the game, we’re going to need more time to develop it. Therefore, it’ll be included in a later game update.
Another thing we’ve done is balance the player character’s stomach, water, and energy storage. Our primary goal was to decrease the strength of a character's water and energy reserves, which had previously allowed players to stay alive for hours without the need for food or drink. These changes include:
- It is now easier to get out of dangerously low energy and water levels, but harder to retain high values for a longer time.
- It takes longer for water and energy to be processed from stomach contents.
- Slightly lowered damage to health during dangerously low levels.
- ]Adjusted thresholds to better reflect the actual state of water and energy levels (primarily to give sufficient time to react).
There are also a lot of smaller changes that greatly improve the overall experience:
- Fire mode switching now has audio feedback; mainly useful when playing without the HUD.
- Performance during shooting has been greatly improved.
- Some firearms had their fire rate increased to match their real-life counter parts more closely.
- Unconscious state from a firearms hit has been prolonged (compared to 1.14, not the original 1.12 values).
- Head torch can be worn with most head gear (takes glasses instead of head slot).
- Most of the small bushes now yield long sticks after being cut down.
- Night vision scopes now have the ability to switch between day and night modes while in hand.
- Ski mask clipping with head gear has been solved.
Finally, we’ve added a new female character and there are some new toys to be found in the world as well, but we’re not going to tell you what they are. We hope you’re going to enjoy this update and we’re looking forward to meeting you on the experimental servers during our Friday play tests. As usual, if you run into any issues or have some feedback for us, do not hesitate to contact us through our official channels (forums, feedback tracker).
Please read the full article here:
All new additions, changes and fixes can be found here: Patchnotes:
Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!