Structures disappearing (Genesis 2)

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Had a wide array of structures disappear overnight with seemingly no reason, or anything saying so in the Tribe log/Server log.

Server settings for decaying structures are set so that it wont happen unless we stop playing in general. Last log session was today even, so no auto decay should be happening. Is there a corrupt map file, a memory issue, I don't know.

• When this occurs, typically it is due to the update which may have caused a corrupt file. The only way to fix this is by rolling back the server. Wildcard suggests this as well in their support forums. Check the logs. If you see a 'crashstack' error more than likely it is a corrupted file. If so, do the rollback. And yes you will lose all progress from that last save file until now. If you wish, you may contact Nitrado Support to further investigate. Information located in my signature and at the bottom of this site.

Thank you.

• When this occurs, typically it is due to the update which may have caused a corrupt file. The only way to fix this is by rolling back the server. Wildcard suggests this as well in their support forums. Check the logs. If you see a 'crashstack' error more than likely it is a corrupted file. If so, do the rollback. And yes you will lose all progress from that last save file until now. If you wish, you may contact Nitrado Support to further investigate. Information located in my signature and at the bottom of this site.

Thank you.

Thank you for the quick response.

Checking the logs, I do not see anything referencing a 'crashstack'. So I'm going forward via a Support Ticket to explore what other potentials may have caused it.

Thank you again.

• Were any of the structures in a Cave?
    I logged on to my server today to find all my structures in Caves had disappeared. Checking server settings Cave Building was disabled. I had been building in caves for months without issue.

Edit: Looking through my backups AllowCaveBuildingPvP is a new setting that appeared today in the GameUserSettings.ini and was set to False.