Can’t hurt tamed dinos and a few other concerns

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hello i recently purchased a server last night it is my first time using Nitrado.

I went in settings and adjusted things the way i normally do when playing single player or non dedicated.

However i ran into the issue that any dinos i tamed i can’t damage them. Wild dinos still damage them but i can’t now i went to check if it is friendly fire but the FF setting says it is for players and only works when pvp is enabled. I would like to stay PVE but if we hit eachother in same tribe or structure or tamed dinos would like to be able to damage things i tried googling for this solution tried a few settings.

Dino resistance is not changed it is set to default so it’s not that.

Another issue i have is currently i am on the center map and i noticed that the sky is flickering quite badly not sure why. I did turn off fog in the settings going to turn it back on and see if it fixes it.

I am not in expert mode as i am new to nitrado and until i am better familiar with it would like to stay out of expert unless i have to go into it.

If anyone knows a solution to these problems i would greatly appreciate it thanks!

• PvE mode is borky (my own example was not being able to pick up raptor-sized creatures with argents... AFTER turning AllowFlyerCarry on), so if you're playing with just friends and not making the server public - or even if you're making the server public, but are gonna be tough and good admin - switch the mode to PvP and tell everyone to play nice.

I am playing on modded public server for one youtuber's patrons, and the mode is PvP, but we're playing PvE and if someone doesn't understand that, they're arseholes and are punished accordingly.

• PvE mode is borky (my own example was not being able to pick up raptor-sized creatures with argents... AFTER turning AllowFlyerCarry on), so if you're playing with just friends and not making the server public - or even if you're making the server public, but are gonna be tough and good admin - switch the mode to PvP and tell everyone to play nice.

I am playing on modded public server for one youtuber's patrons, and the mode is PvP, but we're playing PvE and if someone doesn't understand that, they're arseholes and are punished accordingly.

So i actually figured out the issue. I went and turned friendly fire off and it fixed the issue i am now able to do everything i wanted. So the description in settings saying it’s only for pvp / only affects players is just inaccurate but not a big deal. The sky issue still flickering i can’t find a fix for but thankfully it’s very minor flickering SO FAR that is.