Well, the last journey abroad had been a rough go out on the open seas. But we braved through and persevered and finally arrived carrying the long-awaited cargo for all pathfinders to enjoy.
Jumping to the stage first, we’ve made adjustments to our favorite arachnid to allow our pathfinders to traverse to new heights. Spiders are now able to spend their stamina to carry pathfinders vertically up steep terrain and jump higher and further than before. We can’t wait to see where you and your spider companions end up!
As teased previously, making her maiden voyage into the world of Atlas, the turtle ship brings new defensive options for you and your crew.
Not only is she a tank, fully decked out in armor and ready to take a beating, but she also offers some new utility that will change the landscape of the battlefield, literally. Attached at the front of this massive ship is a dragon figurehead that players can activate to breathe clouds of smoke to conceal your fleet’s movements.
We heard you like buffs so we’ve also added some buffs to buff towers to uniquely assist your fleet as needed. Depending on which type of resource is used, buff towers will now provide an additional benefit so you can gain advantages where they are needed most.
Need some handles in the corners? Try Amethyst and Herkimer in your spire to increase your turning force.
Need to lessen your load? Switch to Calcite and Quartz which will decrease the overall weight of a ship (items and structures carried included).
Overall, we hope that pathfinders use these new additions to compliment their unique play styles and make every confrontation a unique and memorable one.
Rate Up EventFinally, in addition to some major bug fixes to improve the game state, we’ll be holding a rate up event until September 6th!
So grab your crew and take advantage of these higher rates while you can.
As always, we, the Atlas team, appreciate your support and ‘til next time, may your skies be clear, waters calm, and sails full in whichever way you roam.
Released Patch Notes
- Spiders can now traverse vertical surfaces!
- Climbing will cost the spider Stamina, when depleted the spider will release and fall
- Spiders can move faster as well as jump higher and further than before
New Modular Ship: Turtle Ship
The Advanced Shipyard's inventory is expanding! The latest buildable ship, the Turtle Ship, comes affixed with armored plates, armored canopy railings and a dragon figurehead which breathes smoke to conceal your movements during combat
- Cost: 22,000 gold and 150 chitin
- Weapons: 20 standard cannons
- Max Level: 60
- Sail Points: 3
- Repair Resource: Armor Patch Kit / Patch Kit
- The figurehead of the Turtle Ship has the ability to create a smokescreen
- the smokescreen is activated from the steering wheel using Shift+Z (LB+Right D-Pad on Xbox)
- Costs 100 coal per smokescreen created (coal must be stored in the figurehead)
New Weapon Type: Mechanic's HammerA new tool introduced that allows the repair and replacement of armor on the turtleship
- Learned through the Advanced Tools skill
- Buildable in the smithy
- Resource Cost: Fiber, Wood, Thatch and Metal
New Patch Kit Type: Armor Patch KitA new type of patch kit used to repair and replace armor on the turtle ship
- Learned through the Advanced Ship Maintenance skill
- ship must be fully green anchored to replace armor plates
- Buildable in the smithy
- Resource Cost: Fiber, Wood, Thatch, and Metal
New DécorNew base decorations have been added. Add some plants to your bases with the new wall planter and hanging planter! Unlocked via the Secrets of Building skill in the Construction and Mercantilism skill tree, and constructed in the Smithy under the folder path Structures>>Misc
Box PlanterWooden planter box that connects directly to walls
Hanging PlanterA round planter that hangs of support beams connected to walls
Buff Tower UpdatesUsing a unique type of resources as fuel, players can choose a second buff within that category to use
- Each type of buff will be tied to the resource used when activating the buff tower
- All unique resource types will grant the generic buff in addition to their unique buff
- These towers have blueprint variants which increases the effectiveness of the generic buffs given
- Buff Icons for these buffs are shown when on a ship at the top right hand corner of the screen
- Uses generic and unique types of coal
- Generic Coal will grant ship Damage Reduction buff as normal
- Sulphur and Peat will grant a buff that increases the reload speed for weapons built on ships
- Graphite and Anthracite will grant a buff that increases the speed at which you repair ships
- Nitre and Lignite will grant a buff which allows the AI controlling weapons on your boat to have greater range
Army of the Damned PylonUses generic and unique types of Hide/Keratinoid
- Generic hide and keratinoid will grant a ship weapon damage buff
- Scale, Rhino Horn, Chitin and Shell will grant a buff that increases the impact damage of your ship
- Wool, leather, fur and carapace will grant a buff that increases the rate of experience gained for your ship
- Bone, Residue, Pelt, Hair and skin will grant a buff that will reduce the cooldown of feats that impact ship combat(reload overdrive, repair fiend, and rally the troops)
Atlantean SpireUses generic and unique types of crystals
- Generic crystal will grant a buff to ship speed
- Amethyst and Herkimer will grant a buff which increases the turning force of your ship
- Calcite and Quartz will grant a buff which decreases the overall weight of a ship (items and structures carried included)
- Pearl and Tellurite will grant a buff which decreases the rate at which your boat will sink
- Fixed multiple instances in which character progression was rolled back
- Fixed instances in which certain fertilized eggs would crash Xbox users
- Fixed instances of circumventing company joining cooldown
- Fixed a bug where certain modules could not be painted
- Fixed a bug where cannonballs and mortar shots were not visually exploding
- Fixed a bug with the ballista inventory
- Single Player: Fixed instances in which shipyards and armored docks were disappearing
- Fixed a bug with modular ship sailing physics for smoother visuals while sailing
- changed puckle tower firing particles to be less garish
- Redux performed on Mortar Ship Appearance
- Redux on multiple resource icons which were duplicate for other resources
Again, we would like to emphasize that ATLAS is still in Early Access, meaning many things can and will likely continue to drastically change - even in the middle of development. Anything discussed is only up to date as of the moment it is posted. Features and changes that ultimately make it to the next patch, as well as timing, may be different from what was previously discussed.
As always, we appreciate the suggestions and feedback from the community. Please keep them coming! Thank you for all of your support!
- ATLAS Crew
For the latest dispatch on #playATLAS keep yer one good eye trained on this here information
Natter n' chatter on Discord: https://discord.gg/playatlas
Hear ye, hear ye on Twitter: https://twitter.com/sailtheatlas
Watch us scallywags on Twitch: http://twitch.tv/sailtheatlas
Plus ye can band with us Pirates on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/playatlasgame
Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.
open positions @ Nitrado