How do we Configure Settings not in the Web UI?

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • What I think I understand:

We have the web UI Settings: General, which begins with "Here you can adjust the server settings." Then there are the files /atlasmain/ShooterGame/Config/DefaultGameUserSettings.ini and ./DefaultGame.ini. Theoretically, we could ourselves add GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini, though I don't know how those are handled by Nitrado, e.g., whether they conflict with the web UI, are they replicated across clusters, and so on.

To set a common setting, e.g., the XP multiplier, across a whole cluster, we should set it in the web UI's Settings: General of the main server for the cluster. That will apply to all servers that do not have their individual web UI setting "overwriteMainSettings" checked. It will also override settings in the Default*.ini files without changing the actual files.

My questions:

1. How do we set a setting meant for Game.ini that should be cluster-wide and is not shown in the web UI?

2. How do we set a setting meant for GameUserSettings.ini that should be cluster-wide and is not shown in the web UI?

3. How do we set a setting meant for GameUserSettings.ini that should NOT be cluster-wide and is not shown in the web UI?