Reset Map and Upload Characters / Dinos

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Hi All, my tribe and I started playing back ark a month ago and we finished Ragnarok map (on all bosses). We are planning to switch map by carrying our characters & some dinos over. Is it possible for me to perform the following steps without renting another server:

1. Upload characters, dinos and items (e.g. BP, trophy) to obselisk
    2. Stop nitrado server and reset map (e.g. The Island)
    3. Restart and start map
    4. Login into ark, search and join server (with the same settings, mods as my Ragnarok
    5. Download my existing characters dinos and items (same as step 1)

Note: We not planning to switch back to Ragnarok.

Is this doable on the single server we rent? Appreciate your comments and recommendation.

Thanks

• Hello,

I would recommend to do some searching here in the forums as that has been answered in great detail.

The quick summary is, yes. But Nitrado recommends purchasing a 2nd server. This way your chances of a successful transfer increases. The way you suggest and others have experienced are not so great.

• Hello,

I would recommend to do some searching here in the forums as that has been answered in great detail.

The quick summary is, yes. But Nitrado recommends purchasing a 2nd server. This way your chances of a successful transfer increases. The way you suggest and others have experienced are not so great.

Noted with thanks.