Server not showing up

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • So i've been playing on my ark server for like a month, i got off for like the last 3 days just to go play somthing else for a little bit and i just came back and when i started my server everything was fine and for some reason it does show up, And YES i have turned on show password protected and all that search filter stuff

• Do you have any active mods? Many mods have been updating recently from the Gen 2 update, and it has caused many mod miss-match or update errors on my server, and the server will not display and be un-joinable. If this is the case, unsubscribe or uninstall all mods from your local files, and perform a direct join from your server dashboard. This will have the server request the downloads to your game, and they will match what the server is hosting. If not, try direct join and see if you get an error. If you are on console, just try switching the server list to "My survivors" instead of favorites or others. Or try searching by server name, though this rarely works for me.

• I'm new and was unsure if windows 10 meant you play on PC as well. So I provided suggestions for both. I had to recently switch my list to show "My survivors" because my server was also no longer showing on favorites or anything else.

• When I first joined, I had issues finding it as well, especially without access to a direct connection on PC. Best I can recommend is to search for it by server name, and give it like 10 minutes to do a full search. I was able to eventually join my friend's server this way. Also since you are new, I will say you have to manually turn on the server from your nitrado dashboard first as well, if you haven't already

• When you are on the sever list menu, in the bottom left corner, there should be an option called server filter or server listings, something like that, and you want to change the option there to "My survivors", and it will display all your survivors that you have previously played on, that still have an active server.

• Ah ok, you may just have to give it some time then. Nitrado is getting huge traffic on their severs right now with the release of the Ark Gen2 update, and everything is running slower than usual. I couldn't even play on any map the first day of release because they were so overloaded. Also, do you have access to your dashboard at all? You may have to first choose a map under general settings. It should default to The Island, but might want to check just to make sure.

• So you switched to my survivors and it still didn't show? I double checked and the option is called "Session Filter". It is there on consoles as well. If that still didn't work, double check that you see CPU and RAM usage on your server dashboard while it is running, to make sure everything is working server side. Because since you played on the server previously, and if the server is running, you should definitely see your survivor listed under My Survivors.

• If you are still having issues, some basic things to do:

(1) Restart the server. If is hangs, about 5-10m a button appears to forcestop, then restart.

(2) Check out the server logs. If you see crashstack, that more likely is a corrupted gamefile. It happens with ARK. Sadly the resolution is to rollback to the last known saved file. And no way knowing which one is bad. Some folks that do not feel comfortable trying this- you can contact Support. They more than likely will suggest the same. OR have they might find something else.

(3) If this is a new server, try a reinstall.

(4) If all the above fails, please contact Nitrado Support to further investigate. If you already have please continue to be patient. We are unable to assist you here in the forums.

Moderators have no access to servers or accounts. We are volunteers and able to share experiences just like the rest as this is a Community Support Forum for Gamers and Admins just like you and I.

Link: NITRADO

Thank you.