I need help with Engine Settings.

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • Hi everyone, I am new with Ark Server Hosting, I know nothing about game.ini and I haven't touched Expert Mode because i am afraid to screw up entirely but I found out about Engine Settings and I think I need some help to change some settings, i tried looking on youtube and on reddit but i did not find answers anywhere for the specific changes that I want to do. Here it is:

I would like to have 3-4 Gigas on my map at the same time (the island) as opposed to the regular 2. What settings do I need to put in in Dino Spawn Weight Multipliers for it to work?

Also, I would like to be able to get every engrams possible, I would like my character to have 8196 engrams points by level 150. I tried changing the amount of engrams points per level, I set it to 35 but once i restarted the server and log back in the game, gave myself respec, I got 1 engram point per level... what did I do wrong? What settings do I have to put in Per Level Engram Points ?

I hope my questions are not too difficult to answer and I would really appreciate some help since i am a beginner and i really don't want to corrupt my game and do this correctly. I would rather not use Expert mode. Thank you.

• https://pastebin.com/nlsad1bn

Put this paste in the bottom of your Game.ini. It will auto unlock every engram at the level at which it normally becomes available. I did this on my server because relearning 100s of engrams every time you drink a respec was super tedious.

IDK about the dino spawn rate thing. Not sure if the max per map is a function of SpawnLimitPercentage or hardcoded per map. I would just fiddle with the Giga spawn settings, as long as you don't mess with anything else you won't break anything else.

• No need to put the code in your game.ini for the unlocks. In your WebUI (not expert) the menu you can click on unlock engrams as you learn them.

As for the spawn limit, you cant make an "Amount" its percentage. If you visit the Tutorial section it may help you with that.

You can also remove them with the code, then use Simple Spawners mod and there you can put the number to spawn. And the mod works fine with Gen2.

• No need to put the code in your game.ini for the unlocks. In your WebUI (not expert) the menu you can click on unlock engrams as you learn them.

As for the spawn limit, you cant make an "Amount" its percentage. If you visit the Tutorial section it may help you with that.

You can also remove them with the code, then use Simple Spawners mod and there you can put the number to spawn. And the mod works fine with Gen2.

I am on xbox, can I still do that?