Can't connect to my own server

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • Has anybody else had the problem where you can connect to ANY server, official or comunity, EXCEPT your own? Meanwhile, anybody else can connect and play on your server without issue.... Had the server for about a year now and never had this issue. Nitrado is doing absolutely nothing to help soo far. Submitted tickets, did what they said in the reply, and they tell me they couldnt help and are forwarding my ticket "to the appropriate department".

Whenever I try to connect, the server list goes away as normal but the screen never advances to the black loading screen. Just stays on the menu screen with my character and then I get the error message "Connecting Failed. An unknown error has occurred". Somebody please help. Im about to buy Rust right now lol

• Have you checked banlist, reinstalled game on server, uninstalled and reinstalled the game on your console, reset console, tried on other consoles?

This literally just started happening to me right after i commented here. I uninstalled the game on my console(xbox one s) and restarted my xbox and same issue. Server list disappears and connecting failed and unknown error occurred message appears.

I removed myself from priority queue and im restarting the server. If that doesn't work i will be reinstalling the game server and will update with what happens.

• I am having the same issue again. I was playing on my server and i glitched and couldn't interact with anything. I logged off the game and then tried to get back on immediately and received the same connecting failed an unknown error occurred message at the top of the screen. The server list goes away and then comes back. The only troubleshooting I have completed so far is restarting the game = nothing. and restarting console = nothing. will continue troubleshooting. There are 23ish people of 32 currently on my server and I am on priority.

Are other people having this issue?

• Yesterday when browsing this forum I saw a post stating the admin could not join their own server but could join others. Had the error "Connecting Failed - An unknown error occurred" appear at the top of the screen and the server list would go away for a few seconds and come back upon attempting to join their own server. But user could join other servers just fine.

I attempted to be helpful and suggest basic troubleshooting steps like restarting game/console, restarting server, reinstalling game, reinstalling server, etc.. As soon as I close out of the forum and go back to log into my own server... BOOM! The exact same issue happened to me. Coincidence? I think not.

When faced with this issue myself yesterday I first restarted the game, to no avail. Then restarted my Xbox One S, to no avail. Then I restarted my server, to no avail. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game from and back onto my Samsung 500gb SSD, to no avail. I restarted the server again and I was back in.

Server name: "PVP CITY NWAF" with start of header ascii 01 preceding. I have been able to join without issue for months now and then experience this issue twice in two days. I am going to continue troubleshooting.

I am also now getting an error on my server interface page. I was logged in and clicked the xbox dayz icon in the upper middle to refresh the page to dashboard.

"

Oops... An error occurred

If this is a temporary issue, please wait a few minutes and try it again. If the issue still exists, please contact our support team.

Hostsystem not ready or offline, please try again later.

"

My server is still online and is full.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Hello all,

I have players that have been playing on the server for days then out of nowhere they can no longer access?

Errors are:
    You were kicked off the game (time out)
    And you are no longer whitelisted - But they are?

Any help would be great

They have hard reset xbox.
    They have hard reset internet.
    and reinstalled the game.

• All of the issues you've explained have to be taken care of by a Support Agent.

Unfortunately, these issues are not something that a Forum member or Moderator can assist, since it requires a thorough look at the Server.

Please contact Support for a resolution if the issues perssist.