Unable to set myself as Admin on my server

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • i have trawled the internet and forums for the answer and i have not found it.

i have tried every version of the code to add myself as an admin to my server on the isle to no avail.

ive seen this link often given to resolve the issue.

https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/how_to_become_admin_in_the_isle

but this doesnt even give the correct information....

this is what is states..

1. Enter your web interface and stop your server

2. Click on the option Configuration Files in the Settings menu located on the left side of the interface.

3. Select and Edit the Game.ini file

4. In the [/script/theisle.igamesession] section add the following command line:

ServerAdmins=

5. Add your SteamID64 after the "=" the line of code should look like this:

ServerAdmin=12345678XXXXXXXXX

If you want you can add additional administrators by repeating the command line in a new line and adding the Steam64ID.

6. When you finish making changes, click on the option called: Save Changes and wait a couple of minutes.

7. Restart your server

so is it ServerAdmin=SteamID or SererAdmins=SteamID ive tried both neither code works.....

all i want to know is how to place the code.. also ive made changes to the spawn rates etc and they keep reverting back to default....

this is the correct section of coding for the server for this code to be placed can someone please show me how to code this admin rights in, and can someone tell me why it has to be so difficult, through searching online it seems other hosts have it set up so much less complicated.

[/script/theisle.igamesession]

ServerName=UK Noob Friendly

ServerPassword=

ServerSteamGroup=

ServerMOTD=nitrado.net gameserver

bServerDatabase=false

bServerAllowChat=true

bServerExperimental=false

bServerBattleye=true

bServerAI=true

ServerAIMax=100

ServerAIRate=1.0

bServerAIPlayerSpawns=true

bServerScent=true

bFamilySharing=true

bServerGlobalChat=true

bServerNameTags=true

bServerGrowth=true

bServerNesting=true

ServerDiscord=

[/script/engine.gamesession]

MaxPlayers=4

where is this code inserted and which example is the correct example to use.

ServerAdmins=

ServerAdmin=steamID

and by steamID i mean the 987875667867868 account number on steam....

• i have followed these instructions and they dont work. can you please use the code table which is [/script/theisle.igamesession] found in Game.ini, the moment the server loads up the file it wipes the changes made.

can you place this example where and how it should be presented in this line of coding...

[/script/theisle.igamesession]

ServerName=UK Noob Friendly

ServerPassword=

ServerSteamGroup=

ServerMOTD=nitrado.net gameserver

bServerDatabase=false

bServerAllowChat=true

bServerExperimental=false

bServerBattleye=true

bServerAI=true

ServerAIMax=100

ServerAIRate=1.0

bServerAIPlayerSpawns=true

bServerScent=true

bFamilySharing=true

bServerGlobalChat=true

bServerNameTags=true

bServerGrowth=true

bServerNesting=true

ServerDiscord=

[/script/engine.gamesession]

MaxPlayers=4

also can you explain why the ServerAIMax and the ServerAIRate keep reseting to default after i have made edits to them?

• I don't remember if the TheIsle has an Expert Setting in the Dashboard, if so, and if I remember correct, if you use quick edit or what it's called, and then go into Expert Settings, I thing that'll cause a reset. Sorry if this sounded a bit messy, but it's Sunday, and my homeserver just fried it's CPU so I'm a bit stressed :)