Help with modding?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I've started up a nitrado server for ark and I am having trouble with mods. I'm not sure how load order works or any of that but I am experienced with ark's expert settings because I ran a server for a bit on console.

I have figured out how to get mods on my server but Im having issues with the game wanting to take about 2 or 3 minutes before it even begins to load into the server. Ark stops responding for about 2 minutes and then it takes another 2 minutes to load. Mind you, I have to use the "Connect to Server" button on nitrado. I can't find the server on the ark server browser and when I tried to favorite it through steam, steam says the server is not responding and I can't join. I've spent the last few days trying to figure this out.

I have the following installed on the ark server in this order.

Human NPCS

MX-E Shopsystem

Structures Plus

Awesome Spyglass

Jack & Jill Full character replacement

Upgrade Station

MarniiMods: Hairstyles

Dinotracker

Classic Flyers

Noob Starter Kit

Pimp My Home

Pimp My Home Building Parts

Admin Donation Skins

Homing Pigeon

PvP Safe Zones v2

Uranus Skins

The Volcano

• Hello,

When you visit the workshop, the mod creator advises what order to place.

Basically what you will need to do more than likely is install 1 mod at a time and test the server. You may have a conflicting mod.

As for connection through steam favs, you have to add +1 to the port number of the server. So if the port# is 27015, you need to add in favs 27016.

Regarding loads times: with every mod you have installed it increases the load time. Also it matters if you are using like IDE or SSD hard drives on the client. IDE folks will see way slow load times. Some of those mods you list are pretty loaded.