Increase number of cows?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • So, I want to increase the number of cows. I can't find them anywhere so let's pump it up a bit.

I assume it's cattle_territories.xml. But why are all dmin and dmax values 0 by default ?? It takes forever to edit that list.

Also, what would be "safe" numbers to add?

I'm gonna do this to other animals too later, just testing with cows first.

• <event name="AnimalCow">

<nominal>10</nominal>

<min>5</min>

<max>10</max>

<lifetime>180</lifetime>

<restock>0</restock>

<saferadius>200</saferadius>

<distanceradius>0</distanceradius>

<cleanupradius>0</cleanupradius>

<flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1"/>

<position>fixed</position>

<limit>child</limit>

<active>1</active>

<children>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="1" type="Animal_BosTaurusF_Brown"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="0" type="Animal_BosTaurusF_Spotted"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_BosTaurusF_White"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="1" type="Animal_BosTaurus_Brown"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="0" type="Animal_BosTaurus_Spotted"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_BosTaurus_White"/>

</children>

</event>

you need to go into the events.xml file and change the nominal, min and max numbers

• change it to what i have and see what happens or do you want like 20 cows all in 1 spot? if so you need to change the max and min numbers below

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="1" type="Animal_BosTaurusF_Brown"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="0" type="Animal_BosTaurusF_Spotted"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_BosTaurusF_White"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="1" type="Animal_BosTaurus_Brown"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="0" type="Animal_BosTaurus_Spotted"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="1" min="0" type="Animal_BosTaurus_White"/>

• yes that's all i have changed for the cows.

this is my bears

<event name="AnimalBear">

<nominal>35</nominal>

<min>25</min>

<max>35</max>

<lifetime>180</lifetime>

<restock>0</restock>

<limit>custom</limit>

<active>1</active>

<children>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="3" min="1" type="Animal_UrsusArctos"/>

</children>

</event>

but if you want more bears to spawn at 1 time then change the max and min so i have it so there's 1-3 bears that spawn

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="3" min="1" type="Animal_UrsusArctos"/>

• Stupid question:

If child max is like 10 (or 5+5), does this mean the main max has to be at least 10, too?

• I mean... now, your child max is 10+15=25 and main max is 35 so it's below the max value. But what if child max was higher than main max? Like 50. Would it still work?

By the way, don't I have to change the cow territories file too? Like you do with zombies...

• yes more cows are spawning in but if you want even more then change it to something like this.

there's 6 type of cows that can spawn in and if you want more of a certain type to spawn in then change the child max/min of that type

this is an example below so what should happen is if cows do spawn in there should be 12 cows 2 of each type

i haven't tested this out it's just what i think should happen. try at your own risk

you could higher the nom/min/max if you want

<event name="AnimalCow">

<nominal>10</nominal>

<min>5</min>

<max>10</max>

<lifetime>180</lifetime>

<restock>0</restock>

<limit>child</limit>

<active>1</active>

<children>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="2" type="Animal_BosTaurusF_Brown"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="2" type="Animal_BosTaurusF_Spotted"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="2" type="Animal_BosTaurusF_White"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="2" type="Animal_BosTaurus_Brown"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="2" type="Animal_BosTaurus_Spotted"/>

<child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="2" min="2" type="Animal_BosTaurus_White"/>

</children>

</event>