Heavy desync when other players join server, unable to interact with objects.

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • When I'm playing on the server by myself, everything is working as it should, no problem. Once a friend joins, I can see him moving the first 30 seconds, but then he just freezes in place. Him on the other hand can still see me walking around and such, but he can't interact with objects anymore. Our ping isn't too bad either, around 40ms. I've already restarted the server a couple of times, but that seems to do no good. Are there any settings I need to setup still? I should just start the server and should be good to go, right? Any ideas what's going wrong?

• F2 ingame should help.

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.

• Sorry, but i don't know anything else.

You can still contact the support.

NITRADO Support

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.

• Thanks, found the reddit post about it. I'll give it a shot.

It will not work on nitrado servers. At least not at the moment.

No support via PM.

• Thanks, found the reddit post about it. I'll give it a shot.

It will not work on nitrado servers. At least not at the moment.

Yeah, I know. I'm trying to host from own machine now. Same issue, so I tried the fix, but there's a part I'm not getting.

Delivery this new assembly_valheim.dll to your server, overwriting it in the same location.(Make sure you saved and it's offline before overwriting it)

(If you made a mistake or things aren't working revert to your assembly_valheim.dll.bak)

Now in a lower comment it says I need to paste this into Steam\steamapps\common\Valheim dedicated server\valheim_server_Data\Managed but I'm finding now such folder on my computer... any ideas?

• Now in a lower comment it says I need to paste this into Steam\steamapps\common\Valheim dedicated server\valheim_server_Data\Managed but I'm finding now such folder on my computer... any ideas?

I guess you didn't install the valheim server. You could do it trough steam or even steamcmd. But the second one is too much to explain. The first one can be found in your steam library under "tools".

No support via PM.

• Same here. Server Ping between 150 / 500 ms when multiple players, unplayable.

Nitrado reinstall my server on other machine 3 times but no result.

The problem seems to come from the game itself and no Nitrado.

• I can confirm that on the server side the value for m_dataPerSec is equal to the original value 61440 bps multiplied by four (245760 bps). I've adjusted my client to use the same value.

My friend after adjusting his client and verifying that the fix worked (by pressing f2 he confirmed that he was exceeding 61440 bps); he was still getting rubber banding and lag. Perhaps it helps but there seems to be an underlying issue. Doing some research it appears this is an issue with the game rather than the server - but I've only used this one server extensively so I don't have a benchmark - it does seem like lots of players from different hosts are having issues.

Just unfortunate that when playing with a buddy - especially during intense moments in game - one of us is going to rubberband.

My ping to the server is 22ms. His is a bit higher at ~60ms.

• Since the last update (0.148.6) we no longer have any lag or desynchronization. The data rate (F2) has increased significantly :

* Better network bandwidth handling (should work better on low bandwidth connections & also use higher data rate if possible)
    * Fixed issue causing server to send more data the longer a client was connected

Thx Devs.