Can't connect to the server after the update

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • One thing to note that I've noticed is that you previously had to increase the port by one when direct connecting. You must not do that anymore...

If gamedevs can't mess around with port stuff they're not happy it seems.

So in essence just copy paste the IP with port into the direct connect field in the client without changing anything.

If you're adding it to your steam favorites, then you still need to increase the port by one.

• Thanks, is the port the 5 digits after the : of the IP? increased that figure by 1 did not change anything.

• Yes. That's the port. And don't increase it. Copy it as shows. So like 12.34.56.78:12345
    And only increase that by one when you use it in the Steam Favorites.

• Thanks, is the port the 5 digits after the : of the IP? increased that figure by 1 did not change anything.

Yes. That's the port. And don't increase it. Copy it as shows. So like 12.34.56.78:12345
    And only increase that by one when you use it in the Steam Favorites.

Thanks BrainStone. I appreciate you taking the time to respond, unfortunately still the same response.

• It's the steam server connection that appears to be an issue. I keep getting not responding but you can connect to your server within the actual game using the <ip address>:<port number> but the port number should not be increased by 1.

You can connect directly within Valheim by clicking Start at the Select Character stage, then select the Join Game tab and then select Join IP. Enter <ip address>:<port number> details but do not increase the port number by 1 as you would in Steam and select Connect. You should be able to connect.

• It's the steam server connection that appears to be an issue. I keep getting not responding but you can connect to your server within the actual game using the <ip address>:<port number> but the port number should not be increased by 1.

You can connect directly within Valheim by clicking Start at the Select Character stage, then select the Join Game tab and then select Join IP. Enter <ip address>:<port number> details but do not increase the port number by 1 as you would in Steam and select Connect. You should be able to connect.

Thanks lovestosurf. That seems to have worked as a work around to the issue. Hate having to type the IP everytime i log in and out but at least we can get in now. Thanks!

• Funktioniert hier auch nicht, mehrere Restarts, Neuinstallation, keine Chance.

Ticket ist offen

instead warning me because of non englisch, fix your goddamn server

Code
    1. Doesn't work here either, multiple restarts, reinstallation, no chance.
    2. Ticket is open

That isn't working for me. I've done multiple restarts but keep getting the "disconnected" message.

• I pay monthly so I don't have to mess with files or filezilla, otherwise I'd pick a different host entirely.
    The servers are still not working and I'm a little agitated at this point since they said it was up 3 hours ago but clearly not for everyone.