Ddos protection on console rented Servers

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • +1 im scared to wipe, 10 maps of another cluster gone today due to ddos :(
    Nitrado is currently the best server provider trust me on that lol so i expect this new wave off ddosing to be fixed fast !

Also if anyone could answer how-come Cloud-fare cant be used on unofficial servers id happily pay :)
    Works great with official servers, this would only need to be applied to big clusters also !

We would all pay for protection :)

• +1 im scared to wipe, 10 maps of another cluster gone today due to ddos :(
    Nitrado is currently the best server provider trust me on that lol so i expect this new wave off ddosing to be fixed fast !

Also if anyone could answer how-come Cloud-fare cant be used on unofficial servers id happily pay :)
    Works great with official servers, this would only need to be applied to big clusters also !

We would all pay for protection :)

steelshield-presentation-becker.mp4

Watch this video i found regarding Ddos its really informative

• An update on my ticket; Convo starts at the bottom.

By: You, Today, 03:07 pm

Every time you answer my tickets, there is a different reason to why you can offer protection!

So then please explain to me how we go about getting this extra protection because i have had a number of tickets which just avoid the question and stay open on another account. How do you offer extra Ddoss protection because we see absolute zero. All that happen is we get tickets answered and closed without any help what so ever, you brush over it like its nothing yet we still need to pay full price for servers that are easy to Ddoss.

When the servers sit at 255 ping for days on end, your telling me that this is server settings!?

It clear to see you don't offer any resolution or care about the issues at hand.

Every Xbox server you have is Dossed on the daily...

Tell me how you are going to stop it? Tell me how i can stop my servers i pay for from been Ddoss. The current protection does not work. I'm not going to keep paying for something Nitrado cannot be arsed to solve. I will also be putting this to trading standards as you offer something that does not work on your website and is clearly false advertising.

By: Nitrado Support, Today, 02:16 am

Hello,

All our servers by default already count with protection against these

attacks, if by any chance they still manage to break it through, there's

already a special department that can investigate and handle these situations,

since having lag on a server doesn't mean that all the time will be a DDoS

attack.

By: You, Today,
    Hang on here, you state

on your own website "Having a DDoS protection is nothing

special. What counts is to offer one that actually works"

However you cannot offer better protection on your servers? So will you be

Refunding money to customers or offering servers at a lower cost as they are

Not as advertised on your website?

02/28/2021 22:27 - chris wrote:

Hang on here, you state on your own website "Having a DDoS protection is nothing special. What counts is to offer one that actually works"

However you cannot offer better protection on your servers? So will you be refunding money to customers or offering servers at a lower cost as they are not as advertised on your website?

By: Nitrado Support, 03/01/21, 02:55 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your support request.

Our servers already have security included, however, if you wish to have more

or a different security, sadly, for Xbox servers only the Microsoft support

team is only able to provide them.

For any further questions, we will gladly assist you.

Have a good day, stay safe.

02/28/2021 22:27 - Chris wrote:

Hi i would like to know if Ddos protection is now offered to ark xbox

• I can't understand all the hate in here, sorry.

Sure a DDoS Attack is frustrating and mostly it is caused by some weird kiddos which got banned somewhere or whatsoever.

But srsly, you all should know that there is no 100% DDoS Protection, unless you play offline.

If Nitrado wouldn't offer SteelShield, the Attacks would even be higher and stronger than they are right now.

Can't imagine that the protection level is so bad and low, otherwise Nitrado would not be the official Hoster of the DayZ and ARK official server.

• Obviously there will never be a 100% solution to prevent DDoS but the past year it has felt close to nothing. As a server owner of over 27 xbox servers the first week or so of every single wipe is unplayable. There are free and paid scripts that float around and can hold whole clusters for days on end with the click of a button. As an owner paying over $1000 a month on servers this is very frustrating to feel helpless at the hands of these degenerates. Not only must we endure countless hours of sleepless nights filled torment from the DDoSers and our own communities, but the server host that can fix these problems will not give us straight answers and it feels like we just get passed around from one low level support to the next. I can recall countless phone calls with the level one support that feel just about pointless. Talk about our server settings causing high ping and how the highest forms of protection are offered to us. As a server owner we lose so many players due to the DDoS attacks which in turn decreases our revenue and makes our drive to have a successful server diminish. I personally would just like a more clear image of what is actually being done to mitigate these attacks (if anything at all). All I get from low level support it "we can change your maps ips by taking them down and resetting them, with a cluster your size that can take up to 4 hours." This type of response is not in any way acceptable as anyone who has owned or played a server knows that 4 hours of downtime on wipe day is how to tank the population. Also these people ddossing can simply stop their attacks, repull the ip, and then continue hitting the maps. I also commented on the last post and was astonished to see that thread deleted! Why not just be open and honest about what is going on instead of trying to hide it away to where no one can see it. Everyone who has played on a windows 10/xbox server knows all too well that this is the biggest problem facing ark to date. Please just tell the people who support and fund your company what is going on behind the scenes instead of the generic "you have the best protection we offer" after my cluster is being ddossed for 40 hours straight. It is incredibly frustrating and having some transparency about the situation would be the best thing to do so server owners do not feel hung out to dry by the very people we are supporting.

• Post by AbzPacino ().

This post was deleted by Mekki ().
  • Post by AbzPacino ().

This post was deleted by Mekki ().