Where can I find the seed for server?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • You can download your world and start it in single player, it will show the seed.

You can also download the *.fwl file which is in the same folder as the savegame (*.db file).

/valheim/savedata/worlds

Open it with a text editor (e.g. notepad++) and check the second line. Everything before the question mark is the seed.

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.

• I could not find the seed in worlds>dedicated. That file is .fwl or .db and is not readable.

To find seed you can download your world files.
    worldname.fwl

worldname.fwl.old

worldname.db

Copy them into your games worlds directory. Restart your game if it is not closed at this point.

When you start the game you will see your dedicated server world as an option to join privately.

This will show your seed on the right.

• hi there, i found a website that generates world maps for valheim, if you go to your server and go to brows files, download the file with the world name you gave it, then go to this website Valheim World Generator: Seed Extractor and click on chose file, and select the *.fwl file you downloaded, once you do that, it will tell you bellow your seed code and you can click on it to view the map bosses locations ect.. i hope that helps .