Server reset and wiped with no notice

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Two of my friends and I were playing on my server and we got disconnected. Logged back in and the whole server was wiped. Check the event log and it shows nothing from today besides trying to restore a back up which did not work. Any ideas on what happened? Don't want this happening every day.

• Just happened to me, too. My friends are going to be choked that we lost all of our progress.

Same here. :-(

Valheim is still an early access game and comes with bugs and errors that could lead to a full loss of all your progress at any point. I recommend you to backup your world and characters as often as possible.

is there a possibility to create a backup manually? Or saving the world by command? I did not find it in the webinterface.

• While in the game, open the console with F5 and type "save" without the quotes. This will save the world. (will only work if you are an admin)

To create an offline backup, either download the files via the webinterface or a FTP program.

The savegame can be found under the following path:

valheim/savedata/worlds/dedicated.db and valheim/savedata/worlds/dedicated.fwl

No support via PM.

Important: Mods here in the forum do not have access to your services. If we advise you to contact the support, you have to create a ticket or call them. There is nothing we can do.