World seed change?

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I have been searching for the answer to this one. It may be that Nitrado has to add it on their end. Other providers do have the option through their interface

I figured as much. Haven't partook in any sort of server hosting since waaaayyy back in old minecraft days and I knew even then there was a way to change world seeds. Honestly not that miffed anymore, the seed the server started with turned out pretty good so far.

• I went into my standalone. Created the game world. Then uploaded them. This generates the db and fwl file in:

C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\worlds

Then on Nitrado website.

Settings -> Config Files -> Bottom right -> Open directory in file Browser -> "worlds" folder -> Upload

Then back to General. Change the word name to what you uploaded (before the .fwl/.db extension). This will load that db and fwl file.

Restart the server. It's also how you transfer a world you were hosting locally up to the server.

Hope this helps.

• I've done everything. Moved all the files in C:...\IronGate\Valheim\worlds to the /valheim/savedata/worlds on the server. Everytime we I then try to connecto the world via steam or direct ip in game, it wont load at all. I can run the default "Dedicated" world no problem, but getting my old world is a no go.

Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks!

• I've done everything. Moved all the files in C:...\IronGate\Valheim\worlds to the /valheim/savedata/worlds on the server. Everytime we I then try to connecto the world via steam or direct ip in game, it wont load at all. I can run the default "Dedicated" world no problem, but getting my old world is a no go.

Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks!

make sure you change the world name in settings to the exact same as your file is called in worlds folder i made mistake of thinking i had change it to the seed name from single player but once i changed it to the file name in worlds folder it worked