start_server.sh

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • start_server.sh should contain all informations wich are allready set in settings --> general:

- ServerName

- Password

- Worldname

- Public

1. Why does this file resets everytime I restart my server over web interface?

./valheim_server.x86_64 -name "My server" -port 2456 -world "Dedicated" -password "secret"

2. And shouldn't it catch the informations from setting on every start or shall we change them manually every restart ?

• I'm not sure that file is even used; I can connect to my server with the settings I have set in the interface; so it ignores this shell file altogether - dunno if the automated restart uses this however. However it does look like some people actually use this :

• I'm not sure that file is even used; I can connect to my server with the settings I have set in the interface; so it ignores this shell file altogether - dunno if the automated restart uses this however. However it does look like some people actually use this :

Its used certainly when you upload a save game *.db* and *.fwl* files and trhen change the world name in start_server.sh otherwise it looks for a different world name file