Desperately seeking help or some helpful advice

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Around the time that the Christmas event my server has been acting weird. First it would crash if anyone went to my daughters base (she only had 4 animals out and her base was not large) then when we finally got that fixed the same thing started happening to my hatchery. I lost several animals fixing that area. Then it started crashing when we tried going to my base. So I moved to the Red Woods on Ragnarok I have a small cottage type base with around 7 animals out and guess what.. every time i try to log in the game black screens and then crashes. I have called Nitrado EVERY DAY for about 2 weeks BEGGING them to find out what is going on and to fix it.. Their response "Roll your server back DAILY" and hook you to a new machine. Come on really? I tell them they done all that so many times and it dont work. One actually reinstalled the server and we lost EVERYTHING and it still crashes when i try and log in. Does ANYONE know ANYTHING I can do at my end to help with this or maybe something i can tell nitrado to do to stop this? PLEASE HELP. I have lost 8 members and 2 admins due to them constantly rolling my server back daily:cursing:

• They are probably recommending that because they support the hardware and not the game which would be correct.

What you are experiencing seems to be a "corrupted" game or profile. Check your server logs. Have any crashstack errors? If so, that would for sure indicate you have a corrupted file. But you can still have a corrupted file and not have a crashstack error. If this was a PC server, I would suggest downloading your gamefiles and do a reinstall and see how that works. But if you do that on an oxbox server you have a high risk to delete all your backup saves. Normally also I would suggest rolling back to different files but you will never know which one has the 'clean' file so you would loose lots of progress. Consoles that experience these issues do have a serious pickle. File corruption with ARK happens sadly. I dont have a good solution other than what support already provided. But that alone say the rollback has the bad file will just follow you. The next alternative step is a full wipe and reinstall. I know that does not sound good at all. I have been there myself. It sucks. Sorry. The only minor thing I could suggest but will cost some money is get another server and only get the 3 day one with 10 ports. That is the cheapest one. See if that new install with the same map has the issue. Maybe see if Support will work with you on other ideas to help resolve. They may or may not.

• When I check the crash stax 99% of the time it is a fatal error. I had a nitrado server before for several years and NEVER ran across this issue. This server is not that old and it has been more of a pain then I could ever imagine. I have already reinstalled the server, my game and it still does not work.. well after the one reinstall we did get it to leave my daughters base alone. Guess that can count as good news. All I know is rolling the server back a day, 2 days or whatever does not work. It is a band aid placed on a gapping wound. My server is unfortunately paid up for 2 years so I guess I am stuck with it and with calling Nitrado daily just to play my Ark.

Thank you for the response

• I been on and off the phone with Nitrado ALL day today. They done their usual and hooked me to a different machine and after me frequently requesting that they DO NOT roll my server back for the hundredth time..... Guess what they did? Yuppers they rolled it back and I still CAN NOT log onto a server I am paying for. Way to go Nitrado your customer support is doing a bang up job with this mess. I am about to throw the towel in and find a new host for my game. This is sad very sad:cursing: to say the least.:thumbdown:

Just wanted to add that they sent my server to 2nd level support. Whatever that means because it dont make me feel any better..

BTW- Anyone know another hosting site for console that is NOT Nitrado?

• I been on and off the phone with Nitrado ALL day today. They done their usual and hooked me to a different machine and after me frequently requesting that they DO NOT roll my server back for the hundredth time..... Guess what they did? Yuppers they rolled it back and I still CAN NOT log onto a server I am paying for. Way to go Nitrado your customer support is doing a bang up job with this mess. I am about to throw the towel in and find a new host for my game. This is sad very sad:cursing: to say the least.:thumbdown:

Just wanted to add that they sent my server to 2nd level support. Whatever that means because it dont make me feel any better..

BTW- Anyone know another hosting site for console that is NOT Nitrado?

Yep, relocating to a different machine or telling us to restart the game, powercycle our devices etc is their go-to excuse when their servers or their ISP can't connect us to their servers or whenever there's an issue with the server e.g crashing frequently (horrible coding on the server software tends to be the case there, or inadequate server hardware).

I've had nothing but issues myself with my server for Xbox and i am beyond fed up, though not in terms of crashes, but rather the good old "Timeout/Lost connection to host" issue. As paying customers, we expect and should expect more than this. Connecting to a server we're paying for shouldn't be down to pure luck, ever.

I've hosted my fair share of PC servers for other games over the years, using either my own hardware and internet or having a proper server park together with a local sponsor and never had any issues like this.

I tried playing dumb with their support to see if they'd offer me the help i as a paying customer am entitled to, but they basically tells us that we're on our own, if server re-location and powercycling doesn't work. It's outrageous to be honest..

Unfortunately, Nitrado is the only available server host for Xbox..

If you want to play ARK with other people, your only other option is to get a decent PC and either set up your own server or join an established one, that is hosted on their own hardware.

I'm just about to do that myself because i am fed up having to restart my game 10-15 times each time i want to log on and play on a server i've paid for in advance.

• I am sorry to hear that youre having the wonderful Nitrado help requests as I am having. It is totally disgusting that Nitrado is the ONLY company to offer us servers on the console. I think that is the reason why they are not offering the best customer support to fix issues. Once again I was on the phone today with Nitrado because I did not like what level 2 customer support said (basically to reinstall my server for the 4th time in less then a week) the guy on the phone kept insisting to reinstall the server. I tried for over 4 hours to get on my server while it was on Ragnarok with Nitrado in my ear saying reinstall that I FINALLY got fed up switched the map to Crystal isles and LOGGED RIGHT IN! I then sent Nitrado a message with me rolling my eyes and told them to find the issue that their server is having when it deals with the map Ragnarok. Plus a few other things that I probably should not post here. I am finally able to play however just not on the map I prefer to play on.

• Yeah it is a shame, it truly is. They can't blame it on the Covid-19 situation either because it has been like this since the game first got rental servers on the consoles. After moving servers from machine to machine for years, you'd think they'd try and find the cause of the issue, perhaps even talk with the game developer and present us with a permanent fix, instead of telling people to use temporary workarounds aka telling people to F off and that they're on their own.

I'm still struggling connecting to The Island.. The bloody Island aka the DEFAULT map and have to restart the game about 7-15 times just to connect, and when i get DC'ed after playing for a while, i have to repeat that process all over again.

When that option is taken away, there is no longer any point to playing the game when you can't explore the end-game content such as the tek stuff.

I have a family member who rented a PS4 server and they had the exact same issues with connecting to their Nitrado server.

I am really not far from contacting the EU commission's customer protection dept and have them deal with this problem. Charging money in advance, for a service that is barely accessible regardless of cause, is illegal, especially when the host and/or game developer refuses to dig deeper and fix it, and this issue has persisted for years. I don't care if it's due to the netcode, or the ISP they use for their server network. The fault lies somewhere, but the fault sure as hell doesn't lie with the customers/players.. Not when the issue is spread out over multiple platforms with customers using vastly different internet speeds and internet types.

Good luck to you on Crystal Isles though.

• Well my crystal Isles luck did not last too long. I am once again crashing the server as I try and log in. I have uninstalled Ark, deleted ALL save files on my console for the game and JUST finished re installing it. I was able to play 45 mins before i got booted and I can not rejoin WITHOUT crashing it.

So far I have reinstalled the server 3 times, had it moved from one machine to the next a bunch of times, I have deleted my character that has went through the boss fights, all explorer notes and crap like that, all save files of the game and last but not least a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game.

I called Nitrado again (why? I dont know) and they are forwarding it BACK to the second level people