Yet again stuck in a restart loop

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • This is something that can happen sometimes. If oyu manage to STOP the server, you might want to try a few things. First of all most of the problems with looping servers (in DayZ atleast), is the config file in the root-directory. That is a VERY sensetive file, and just the smallest error, can loop server forever.

* I HOPE you made a backup of that file? Then restore it to the original one, and try again.

* Change the name of the server, to something simple like "DayZ Test" - Save and restart again. (REMEMBER don't use " inside the name, that could kick a loop, since the name must be between "-----" Here is an example that happend to a friend of mine Name of server:

"Dayz Hardcore "RP" server cars++ zombies++"

As you can see, the "RP" can not be written with " ". The config file thinks the server name is "Dayz Hardcore " - and the rest after that is a error for the game to read.

* Check all your lines in the config. Are there any lines the does not look like the rest? Like this:

respawnTime = 6;

enableDebugMonitor = 0;

verifySignatures = 2;

forceSameBuild = 1;

disableVoN = false;

vonCodecQuality = 7;

disable3rdPerson=1;

disableCrosshair=0;

If something is misspelled, or lack a character like the ; It could make the server loop.

I have had tons of looping servers, and 99% of the time it is the "serverDZ.cfg" file, that have a un-logic setup. And most of the times, it is ME, who made "poop" in the text-lines.

I hope this is of some help?

:)