Back ups

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • Just wondering how long back ups for Maps are kept and if there is a way to permanently keep them without them being deleted. Reason I'm asking is because I have two servers and I switch out ones map to what we need for the week or day .

• No way to give exact date. They eventually overwrite each other over time. No way to save them forever and that is due to the Devs of the consoles not opening up FTP. Then you would be able to grab a copy of them. You should be fine for a few weeks. If you change the map, the old map will remain for a while. But what happens when you change the map, the ARK profile now becomes a single file with 2 profiles. That is the larger picture. It can become corrupted, and if that happens you are out of luck for both maps. It doesnt happen often but it does. Those that play ark know this very well. Sorry I didnt have a better answer.

You can pretty much only make copies of the ini files, and not the game.

• No way to give exact date. They eventually overwrite each other over time. No way to save them forever and that is due to the Devs of the consoles not opening up FTP. Then you would be able to grab a copy of them. You should be fine for a few weeks. If you change the map, the old map will remain for a while. But what happens when you change the map, the ARK profile now becomes a single file with 2 profiles. That is the larger picture. It can become corrupted, and if that happens you are out of luck for both maps. It doesnt happen often but it does. Those that play ark know this very well. Sorry I didnt have a better answer.

You can pretty much only make copies of the ini files, and not the game.

Okay thank you I figured as much. May just tell people to use the 2nd map as just a place to gather stuff or kill bosses ext so nothings lost