I need to use a version of forge that isn't available in the modlist selection. I wanna install the required one so I can update the mods on the server but I don't remember how its done
Maybe I'm just bad at following directions but I cant get it to work.
I'm just trying to update forge on a 1.12.2 minecraftotherpacks server. The server uses 2768 and I need the latest version due to some of the mods needing like 2830 or something.
I usually speak German so I'm going through the German manual now.
- You download the desired Forge version on Minecraft Forge.
- It is best to create a folder so that all files are in one place.
- You start the file. Then you select there "install server". (Please select the folder where the file is located)
- Now the file works and you get two new .jar file.
- The file we focus on is called: (as an example) "forge-1.12.2-126.96.36.19905-universal.jar".
- You click these now. A short time later, this stops.
- Now you have to open the eula.txt and agree there by changing "false" to "true".
- Then click on the .jar again and let it work.
- As soon as the server starts running stop again.
- Now please delete the following files "banned-ips.txt, banned-players.txt, ops.txt, server.properties.txt, white-list.txt"
- Now you rename the "forge-1.12.2-188.8.131.5205-universal" into "minecraft_server.jar".
- Now you can upload your server already. All folders and files. Simply connect to your server via FTP, delete all files in the folder "minecraftotherpacks" and upload yours there.
- If no modserver existed before, just install some version via the webinterface so that the previous step can be done.
- Should the server in permanent loop restart unfortunately the Forge version is not compatible.
For questions, just let me know
I've used this tutorial: https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/eigenes_minecraft_modpack_upload
It works up till the transfer to the nitrado server at which point it always breaks.
What exactly fails?
The server just refuses to start after the transfer. Says something about missing data
I'm sorry but I think there can only help the support.
According to the instructions of Nitrado, it should work like this.
Maybe the support can help, after all, they have direct access to your server.
I wish you success!
well you tried
forge installation completed?
I have forge running clientside just fine.
Serverside on my system works fine as well.
Once I transfer it over to the nitrado server it says missing files. I was following the directions on the nitrado wiki.
I will try again since I have all day to test different things for updating the server. Didnt have much time last couple days since it was being used.
you want to have forge 2838?
Yes. some of the mods requier at least 2816 far as I can tell
OK. if you have loaded the files on the server nitrado says: can not be found! ?
Can you take a screeshot of your files?
I'm trying something with it atm I might have been deleating the wrong file XD
I'm bound determined to find out what I'm doing wrong here
Dunno if its progress or not but now its booting as vanilla. Got mods in the mods folder its just not registering them
hmm... renamed wrong file?
this works for me:
Should I post the current file structure or do one thats working and what I'm copying over?
I test it ..
and it works fine
my files at nitrado:
you can post it.... i will look at your files xD
This is my current one. its booting as vanilla
hmmm.... ist works?
minecraftserver.1.12.2.jar --> minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar
ok ok i see
the 30 mb file NAME IS: minecraft_server.1.12.2.jar
the 5 mb file NAME IS: minecraft_server.jar
nitrado always starts the minecraft_server.jar
You have given the name to the vanilla file