How to start editing

• OK so I have bought Webspace and a domain. I am doing my best to figure out how do I make the actual webpage?

Anytime I search FAQs and youtube for example the answers have nothing to do with webspace but the web interface for game servers or the into is in german.

All I can do is select "web interface login" and its just brings me to the settings like, SQL, email accounts and FTP accounts.

Does anyone have any idea on how to edit the actual website itself? this here is all I can see with 0 options to edit the page at all.

Domain IP (URL): 78.143.39.40

• You could do some google searching for like top10 Website CMSs. And pick which one you may like. All have different flavors. Personally over the years I have used like Mambo, Joomla, php/post nuke, Drupal, Xoops, e107 and many more. Personally I have stuck with e107.

• okay and one more thing sorry to be a pain but i have bought a Domain for a year and its coming up with error codes its been 25 hours and still same error code i have submitted a ticket but no reply as of now can anyone help with this

• That ticket was submitted on the weekend. Only they can assist you since Nitrado Support are the only ones with access to your account and files. Forum Moderators do not.

You could try creating an index.html page and paste in the root of the website folder. See if that helps. Not sure cause if you are running a CMS, it may not default to that page.

• Well, not sure where to go. I just looked at Products | nitrado.net.

Do you have like cPanel with your account? or WHM? I suspect for sure you have FTP.

Do you get Softaculous?

If you get Softaculous, you can use that to preinstall numerous scripts available. That is the easier way to go if it is available.

If it is not, you have to decide what route-

You could create your own html or php pages the very basic way. But you wouldnt have like a DB or account information unless you coded it that way say php/sql.

Or you could install your own CMS. Note: CMS offer a DB. In many cases the CMS has chatbox, forums, news wysiwyg, many many more modules/plugins.

Or find a Flash/html templates. Just need to do some basic coding here.

Installing your own CMS is rather easy. Do a search for Website CMS. It will show like the top 10. I named some above. See which one has a template/look you like. Go find the site of that CMS, and follow their install instructions. Most of it is click next next and next...you get the picture.

You will need to do some homework to do. With hosting that Nitrado offers you have so many options available.

• So basically this is everything we have done at the moment.

We ordered the webspace pro. After that all we have been able to achieve is logging in via nitrado, learning how to log into my php making new databases and make FTP account thats have no ability to log in when the session times out.

We understand that the domain will stay bugged until the support ticket is answered. The thing we are looking for is how to start logging in and editing the web page.

For every bit of help we have tried to find most of them refer to either SSL or Website folders. We have no idea how to get a website folder or what/where it is or could be. We got to the installation stage of installing drupal but we cant add it to the webspace cause we have no folder.

The biggest help we could receive at all would be shown how to get drupal active on the webspace. Or show us the existence of this "web folder" hah

• Hey!

I‘d like to suggest using Wordpress. It is easy to setup and pleanty of informations, plugins, themes and tutorials are available online.

Nitrado has a YouTube tutorial on how to setup Wordpress with your webspace and domain:

Unfortunately, it is in German but maybe you can follow the steps shown in the video.

About your domain: It sounds like the domain is already registered but needs to be linked to your webspace - The video above also shows how to do that.

Let me know when you still have problems setting things up.

Cheers,

Kenneth

• You mentioned you had submitted a ticket earlier. Did they respond? If so, just reopen or add some comments to it.

We have no access to customer accounts in the forums. The forums are a Community Support forum. Sorry. :(

• The biggest help we could receive at all would be shown how to get drupal active on the webspace. Or show us the existence of this "web folder" hah

Right so on the website page we have in german it says to remove this text edit or remove the index.html. We have no idea where this is. There is no way to change it at all. And 1 fact is there is no web folders or at least I no idea where is is once we log in.

replying to the domain issue. It is 100% an issue on nitrados side. I have went to other webhost just to see if it could transfer the domain (just to check) and all said the domain is not registered or public etc. and on googles chrome is says the IP is not available. So what they will have to do is re-register the domain and restart the billing period. Or give a refund and try again maybe with a .com or .net

Since no one here can help with domain issues and help to the first half of this reply would be great. Have tried for 12 hours or so trying to install a CMS but the froxlor server management nirado uses is greatly outdated and so is the myphpadmin. Both of them lack some key features on both my phpadmin and froxlor. For example for drupal you need a user created on your database and that user needs permissions. 2 of us have exhausted ourselves trying to find anything to add/remove admins but failed. We even went on to the myphpadmn demo page and even seen that we are missing the users tab on the top of the database tools etc. So again any help to the top half of this post would be massively appreciated. DOAGEN I am interested in having a chat with you on twitter or where ever if you want to have a chat that would help.

• So for Drupal and myphpadmin, you need 2 types of admins.

You have a website Admin of Drupal. During the installation process that Drupal provides, it would have you create that 'superadmin' to the website itself.

Also you have to go in phpmyadmin, create the DB, then create a user. You then would associate the user with the DB. All of that is done through myphpadmin.

And thanks for sharing what Nitrado uses "froxlor". That is just another panel tool like cPanel. I wish I was more familiar with Nitrado and how they are doing the hosting. Will have to do some reading up. I don't like having a customer 'hanging'.

I used to own my own hosting company hence why I have some knowledge. But those days are gone.

• Yeah we are aware of the type of permissions the drupal needs but we do not know how to add a 'superadmin' to the website, we have no control over that it seems unless there is a way and its just not obvious.

For the myphpadmin database we do not know how to add a user. We know how to create a DB that's the easy part but we have no idea how to make a user. I will share a screen capture with you so you can see what we see maybe we can be directed from there? maybe?

This is the DB we created and can log into: Screenshot by Lightshot

This is everything highlighted with black that contains anything to do with 'user': Screenshot by Lightshot

Before suggesting anything to with these highlighted groups do note that some of these need privileges and user pma_user requires SUPER privileges to edit/add.

• I am actually going through the process in purchasing a domain and webspace through nitrado now to educate myself on their stuff. I know what needs to be done, just not sure the path through their tools.