State of the DayZ Nitrado Gameservers

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • It's unfortunate that I've had to create this thread, but I feel it absolutely nesses scary to create, and get public opinion on.

the state of the DayZ Nitrado gameservers of recent has been extremely poor. In some instances our communities are paying hundreds of dollars per month to host these servers, out of pocket and via the goodwill of our communities and Nitrado are not holding up their end in providing high-end game servers.

• The Support system has severe communication issues, and often does not address the problem that was at hand. Numerous times I've had my ticket replied to with "Your gameserver seems online now" and leave it at that. Then the same issue (whichever it is) generally occurs hours later, and the same process is repeated. It is very frustrating that there is never a permanent solution to these issues that have plagued Nitrado since community servers became rentable.
    • Unreliability of the Gameservers. Put simply, there is too many problems and not enough solutions. We have the exact same issues that are closing are servers down, looping them and being inaccessible. It happens too frequently, and unfortunately due to the above issue there is little resolve.

We would like to see better server performance, and real attention paid to improving the stability and reliability of your service.

And if you are in deed putting in the work behind the scenes, a better communication front should be a priority. Often there is little to no update from Nitrado about resolutions for these major issues.

• The unreliability of the servers not knowing wether or not the server is going to stay up or I am going to have to wait 2 hours for a response to a ticket I’ve made just to say as you have said “The server seems to be up” not acknowledging the problem I am reporting is just ridiculous, I shouldn’t have to worry about a server going down every single day to know that if it does I will most likely have the same issue arise if “fixed” the next day or just a few hours later.. The unreliability of server crashes or having whitelist issues with players and having them wait until a restart is just unacceptable I really just do not see a need for all of this to be ignored instead fix your servers so we can run communities and actually promote your servers in a good light rather than saying “well Nitrado is not as good as it should be there’s so many issues you have to deal with throughout the lifetime of your server, wether that be lag or poor customer service”

• Totally agree.

But on the other hand the Nitrado servers are very inexpensive, the hardware unfortunately doesn’t fit to DayZ real hardware requirements.

Take a look at the value of servers having core clock speed of 5GHz, they are not cheap at all.

Tl;dr you get what you pay for

• Totally agree.

But on the other hand the Nitrado servers are very inexpensive, the hardware unfortunately doesn’t fit to DayZ real hardware requirements.

Take a look at the value of servers having core clock speed of 5GHz, they are not cheap at all.

Tl;dr you get what you pay for

I'm still paying over $300 NZD per month, and I expect at a minimum them to be on for that time.

• DOAGEN

Closed the thread.