Items despawn after server restart

Become part of a great team that has nothing less as its goal than to be the world's best game server provider. Keep facing new, challenging and exciting tasks at a company that values your opinion.

open positions @ Nitrado
  • Hi guys have a few questions new to Dayz modding but just wondering when I put mod items down and the server is restarted things seem to be despawning, any help would be appreciated.

Second question.

When i install a mod to my server and it has a types.xml file in the mod folder with the modded items do I need to add the contents of the mod types.xml file to the server's current xml file?

• in the type file (xml) that is placed in : mpmissions -> dayzOffline.chernarusplus -> db , are all the items that spawn in your server.

You can arrange the amount, lifetime, and place were it would spawn.

So if you want items from a mod spawning into the server you have to place them in the type.xml as i pointed out above.

The lifetime of an item is in seconds.

So if you pick up a item form a mod, place it on the ground and the item is not in the type.xml, it will respawn after a restart.

If the item is placed on the floor and the lifetime is for example 3600 (3600 sec = 1 hour), the item will stay on the ground for 1 hour...even when the server has a restart.

Little tip : if you change the type.xml by adding items, be sure you have the default type.xml saved some were. if something goes wrong you can always put back the default file

hope it make sence to you

• My personal method for editing files:

-download the „file to edit“ to your local computer by ftp (filezilla)

-rename the „file to edit“ on the server, I add the actual date at the end of the file type (e.g. types.xml_241220 )

-edit the downloaded „file to edit“ on your local computer with notepad++

-upload the edited file to your server, it won‘t overwrite the original file because you renamed ist before

Voilà : old and new version of the file and you still remember in February the Date, you edited the file 😉

• awesome thank you for your help ill let you guys know how it goes. just one other thing I'm setting up trader mod but can't seem to find the trader so I followed every step in installing the mod but still cant locate him, but also I don't know how to make it so it puts a marker on the map to show where the trader is.

• it would seem the mod items are still disappearing here is the XML that I use, I'm fairly new to XML,i know it says it saves as txt its just it wouldn't let me upload any other file type