Stuck on "searching for sessions"

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I've been playing on non dedicated servers with my friend for a few weeks now but we both got tired of the tether limit so I rented a server only to get stuck with a searching for sessions bug that won't go away and stops me from changing anything after pressing join ark. I've cleared cache, reinstalled, switched to ark primitive and back, turned off my internet to try and jump start the screen, joined other session that it shows on the main screen but nothing works. Is there any actual fix for this or did I just waste money renting a server?

• I'm struggling with the same thing - I've taken out the Xbox / Windows 10 hosting for Ark, and I can access the server and the game just fine from my Windows 10 instance of Ark, but my nephews who are on Xbox One keep freezing up at the server browser selection screen when they try to change the Session Filter from 'Official Dedicated Arks'.

I don't think this is a Nitrado issue, more like an issue with the Xbox game client itself, but if anyone has any advice on how to get around this so that they can find my server and join my game, that would be great. From what I've read online this is a fairly common issue, but as I don't have an Xbox myself it's proving quite difficult to troubleshoot for my nephews and advise them on what to try! I know they need to switch the Session Filter to be 'Unofficial PC Session', but I'm not sure they're even getting as far as being able to toggle the session filter to that before it freezes on them.

Any / all advice gratefully received!

• i had that issue set xbox to wired connection and forget wifi connection then when you click join ark unplug the ethernet cord same time change the maps a few times till it allows you to change the filter then change it and plug ethernet cord back in and wallah magic its fix lol just dont go into the non dedicated filter and you will be good

• i had that issue set xbox to wired connection and forget wifi connection then when you click join ark unplug the ethernet cord same time change the maps a few times till it allows you to change the filter then change it and plug ethernet cord back in and wallah magic its fix lol just dont go into the non dedicated filter and you will be good

Tried that and it doesn't work at all..

I've even gone so far as to re-install the game on the Xbox, including deleting saved files, to no avail.

The game is just horribly broken and you can thank their former QA lead for that.