Hi Galactic Survivalists!
Giving a fixed date for a release is always a bit of a risk, but if everything goes accordingly, you should save the following date for the Empyrion Alpha 12 public release: June, 15th.
Just as a disclaimer, although we know all of our community members are pretty much aware of the following: If today's Experimental phase 6 and the upcoming phase 7 release (scheduled for this friday) show any serious issues, well, then the release day will of course be pushed back a day or two.
That being said, on behalf of the Eleon Game Studios development team and the QA crew: thanks a lot for your tremendous amount of positive comments on the upcoming Alpha 12 features and thanks even more for all the bug reports and helpful feedback!
With today’s phase 6 release, we add another bunch of fixes and adjustments but also a new variant to start your game experience: Snow Starter!
Note: the Snow Starter will NOT offer any tutorial, but will let you play all the missions.
Please find the full changelog added below.
- Report bugs and issues right over here
- Any bug fixed for A12 can be found here
- Known Issues List
- Fixed Experimental version bugs can be found here
While the Experimental phases last, we will continue to update this post with the latest Experimental version changelogs for hotfixes and intermediate bugfix patches.
For discussing the new and updated features, please head over to the pinned threads in our Experimental Feedback forum
Important note, related to our Experimental Server: the server needs to be wiped with today's update, as we integrated some database related changes that will help us to improve not only multiplayer-related features. The wipe is also necessary to introduce all the POI changes as well as having the Station Services added to the game world - which is, for the same reasons, recommended for Single Player as well.
For everyone who wants to play the new Invader vs Defender Scenario, please be aware that a final version is coming with the public release next week.
For the public release, we strongly recommend starting a new game with the release version, for getting all the latest fixes and features in your multiplayer AND singleplayer games!
Have fun playing!
== CHANGELOG ==
- Slightly increased probability of all NPC factions to appear in non-faction territory
- Added nebula color green/blue. Nebulas change color slightly faster now
- Nebulas: tweaked billboards a bit, nebulas get now colored according to their positioning to avoid too many colors adjacent
- Slightly desaturated red/blue nebula
- Solar system map: added ability to highlight all moons
- All TradingStations (orbital) are now offering Station Services
- Added Station Services to many more orbital stations (those that make sense and with services that mostly apply to the POIs theme)
- All Starter Plantes Polaris Trading Stations are now offering Station Services
- Added & adjusted pricing for all items relating to 'Station Service' (ItemsConfig / BlocksConfig)
- Added ingame message when a player gets close enough to a structure with station services
- Added faction logo to station services window
- Added new SNOW STARTER playfield (No Tutorial; All Story and Loyalty missions activated.)
- The Legacy playfields: updated description / removed other factions POI and ships
- Updated other space playfields (removed very old Zirax Stations)
- Updated all space playfields: Only vessels and bases of the territory owner (and those allowed in their territories) should show up; Drones/Dronebase not yet changed (needs new code).
- Showing now fill level for the planet resources (also on other playfields)
- Optimization to load less data on opening
- Added icon for teleporter and station services if structure supports
OTHER & TWEAKS
- Updated Default (Random) Multiplayer scenario (does not offer Tutorial or Story Mission!)
- Allowing proximity log now on terrain placeable (f.e. auto miners or survival constructors)
- Voxel resource drill resistance: Titan now "medium", Sathium now "hard" (was reverse before)
- Tweaked scanner delay a bit, so POIs should popup a bitter better synced to scanner graphics effect (only on planet)
- DialogSystem window: Exchanged font for main text and answer options to our standard UI font, reduced default font size
- HUD objects: Z sorting and dark background to improve readability
- Player drone may now spawn nearby Admin POIs
- AI drone and vessel configuration : AI in configuration yaml file will be filtered according the faction allowance in the current world
- Adjusted some NPC prefabs to better support the dialog arrow
- Rework of Marketplace to work with the DB
- Added Progenitor artifacts to more playfields
- Added: Outpost Nina (Pirates), Xenu Fuel Depot T1 (Zirax); thx to sulusdacor
- Updated Zirax: Epsilon Com Center, Epsilon Defense 1; thx to vermillion
- Added Kriel: Vectrum, Turrim Alveo; Updated Kriel Center; thx to jrandall
- Updated Trader: Added new TraderDefenseHQ POI to defend TraderMain POIs
- Added placeholder OPV for Kriel and Traders Guild
- Updated: Tutorial Hoverbike, UCH Dart, Epsilon Defence II (thx to vermillion)
- Updated: Outpost Nina (Pirates) & Xenu Fuel Depot (thx to sulusdacor)
- Tales of The Past: optimized AlienTower interior lighting timing
- Totally Overpowered: Pirates drop to unfriendly when base is discovered (they know you are coming from Polaris)
- Ancient Revelations: The Illmarien will be fully salvageable for those completing the mission
- Fixed: Thruster heat & radiation zone misplaced when vessel is rotated
- Fixed: PaxPurgatory and SkyGuy bars do not buy Platinum Bars
- Fixed: Lock sector button issues with non-galaxy mode games, and several other discrepancies with its enabled state and distance label.
- Fixed dialog arrow being wrong positioned on sitting SciFi gambling NPC
- Fixed: Sometimes a COQ can trigger after turret fire
- Fixed: Projectile Turrets hit themselves
- Fixed: Global seed doesn't work with fixed Scenarios
- Fixed: Duplicate playfield name exception
- Fixed: Declining Robinson Protocol leads to corrupted savegame
- Fixed: Station service takes money without services
- Fixed: Pirates territory does not contain stars for some seeds
- Fixed: Two sentries in Hidden Pirate base were not destructible
- Fixed: Loot Container not reachable anymore in Derelict Ship due to indestructible walkway
- Fixed: Station service buttons do not have text
- Fixed: Door Corner 01 forcefield showing from one side when door is closed
- Fixed: Wildlife Cam completing on 1st deposit found
- Fixed: Repositioning vessels on entering a moon/planet was not working when they got repositioned on moons or planets that were not located at 0,0,0
- Fixed: Removal of warp tank is not recognised by CV as missing until warp engaged resulting in CoQ
- Fixed: Station Interface: fix for warp container not getting filled correctly if mass/volume active
- Fixed problem that sometimes your own structures without a clone chamber/medic bay showed up as respawn option
- Fixed: [MP] Teleporter trap base with public faction
- Fixed: Jetpack turns off after teleport from planet to space
- Fixed: Blocks placed in wrong locations when using pageup/pagedown
- Fixed: Blast Doors can get stuck & not fully open
- Fixed: CoQ on dedi when doing 'gents' console command or the mod command to request all structures
- Fixed: Incorrect state of target lock button when ctrl-clicking
- Fixed: Sometimes system map doesn't open correctly when double clicking from galaxy map
- Fixed: The Legacy planets appearing outside of The Legacy territory
- Fixed: Marketplace old savegame compatibility
- Fixed: DroneBases, PlanetVesselBases & Drones / PV missing
- Fixed: No ammunition display for turrets in vessels
- Fixed problem that asteroid fields were not created in territory areas
- Possible fix for sporadic DB exception when changing playfields
Fixed: Station service cost button text blinking
Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!