Minecraft Server will not work!

Nitrado now has an official Discord server to bring communities, friends and other gamers together!
Join the Nitrado Community Discord now and share your experiences and knowledge with others!

Click here to go to the Discord Server!
  • I just rented this server and it is stuck in an endless loop of starting and stopping. I haven't touched any of the settings yet, I opened live console and this is the error. Any fixes?

• [00:07:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Starting Minecraft server on 85.190.156.130:10200
    • [00:07:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Using epoll channel type
    • [00:07:12] [Server thread/WARN]: **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    • [00:07:12] [Server thread/WARN]: The exception was: io.netty.channel.unix.Errors$NativeIoException: bind(..) failed: Cannot assign requested address
    • [00:07:12] [Server thread/WARN]: Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    • [00:07:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Stopping server
    • [00:07:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Saving worlds
    • [00:07:12] [Server thread/ERROR]: Exception stopping the server
    • java.lang.NullPointerException: null
    • at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:572) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
    • at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(SourceFile:599) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
    • at zg.t(SourceFile:567) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
    • at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(SourceFile:707) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
    • at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:257) ~[minecraft_server.jar:?]
    • at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_272]
    • Script done, file is /dev/null
    • Game server exited successfully...
    • Connection to container lost.